Anyone tried the new Taurus G2C?

jgradyc

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article in some gun magazine when I was at Sam's Club . Cant remember which magazine but it was comparing the pros and cons of compact guns. There were around 4 or 5 guns and the G2C was one. It's number one con was that their TEST guns failed. Kind of a bummer. If I find the article I'll post it . For the money and if you find one that works great then it would be great for a truck , trunk , or just toss around gun.

Edited by tercel89

My understanding nearly same as the Millennium G2 except does not have the internal locking mechanism. Doubt anyone ever used that anyway, and maybe makes the trigger pull more smooth without that locking mechanism (a notch in the firing pin mechanism is not needed with the new gun).  

Based on my Millennium G2 which runs good, hardly ever have a failure. I would say the new version would be OK.

I am more accurate with the M G2 than I was when I first started shooting pistols in DEC 2015 (22 was first pistol).

I bought the Taurus in 2016, $189 with an extra MAG plus tax and background. I was terrible with it, shoot mostly low and left a good 8 to 12 inches off target at even 15 feet. I blamed my shooting on the long trigger pull (or the gun).  Now I don't notice that and surely my troubles were my own lack of skills (skills have improved -- not an expert). 

I would not consider it a target Competition Pistol, but plenty good for Defense (12 +1 rounds is comfortable to know also).  And they are around for like $189 as minimum.