Maybe my new favorite pistol....

NickinTN

3 hours ago, NickinTN said:

Make a large bet with him and I'll split the winnings with you after you after prove to him otherwise. 

Contacted the shop I got mine from asking about a second and he is out of them but has 12 more on order

Wish I could afford another! 

Got mine at SMGW.

Edited by hipower
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL! That's pretty much my decision as well.

I have to say I'm really not a Beretta 92/96 fan. Just too big and heavy for me to be comfortable with, but like others, I kept thinking I'd like one of the Gallatin, Tn, marked pistols.

This fit the bill, and with all the added features...just too good to pass up.

In comparing notes and inferences here from other buyers, I believe I paid about the high intro price on mine. I was pretty dejected until I started looking and saw that I got the Vol/Tn Edition for about what a standard 92 was going for retail. Sure I could look and see prices all over the spectrum, but in the end...I realized I bought a safe queen. I've accepted that. And my wife says it's ok.

• Like 1

The size of the 92 prevents me from thinking of using it for concealed carry.  I expect it would shoot similar to my M9 pistols. As said by Hipower, it's time to accept that I've acquired a safe queen.  However I do get some pleasure from having it in the safe.  It's much more enjoyable to look at than another Shield or Glock.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, tnhawk said:

The size of the 92 prevents me from thinking of using it for concealed carry.  I expect it would shoot similar to my M9 pistols. As said by Hipower, it's time to accept that I've acquired a safe queen.  However I do get some pleasure from having it in the safe.  It's much more enjoyable to look at than another Shield or Glock.

How very true. lol

Can't believe I never noticed this thread before!  I was thinking I need an LTT or Wilson to go with my other 92/96's, so its an interesting thing to consider. Easy to convince the family banker as its a savings ;)  Kinda wish it had an Elite/Vertec  barrel, but have a spare in a slide somewhere.

On the SMGA's site it says match grade accuracy. Thought they only drag that out for the recessed target crown barrels. For you gents that have them, is its the standard barrel or the  G-SD style barrel?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, tnhawk said:

Rather than store mine away in a safe I bought a stand and have it on display in the living room. My wife may or may not be happy about this.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Erich said:

Can't believe I never noticed this thread before!  I was thinking I need an LTT or Wilson to go with my other 92/96's, so its an interesting thing to consider. Easy to convince the family banker as its a savings ;)  Kinda wish it had an Elite/Vertec  barrel, but have a spare in a slide somewhere.

On the SMGA's site it says match grade accuracy. Thought they only drag that out for the recessed target crown barrels. For you gents that have them, is its the standard barrel or the  G-SD style barrel?

I'll check when I get home and let you know

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, Erich said:

…...On the SMGA's site it says match grade accuracy. Thought they only drag that out for the recessed target crown barrels. For you gents that have them, is its the standard barrel or the  G-SD style barrel?

What differences are there in the standard and G-SD barrels?

9 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

What differences are there in the standard and G-SD barrels?

The G-SD's are stainless with recessed target crowns. Though the target chamfer is not as pronounced as what you would see on some custom 1911's. 

The difference to the Elites is they are full length, and only full length with that feature I can think of, though I am not fully versed on some of the very rare variants out there.

Edited by Erich