Coast LED Headlamps at Home Depot... Great Deal!

Home Depot has a 2-pack of Coast FL74 tri-color headlamps for $19.95. These are awesome headlamps, especially for the price.  I ran a 199-mile team relay in August and I was in charge of recommending headlamps for the team for running at night. I tested 7 different headlamps, but these Coast headlamps are better and cheaper than anything I tested, including two $40 headlamps. They are very bright with a low, medium, and high mode. The beam is a full flood that can be twisted down to a spot. It has a red and green LED on each side that put out barely enough light to walk at night once your eyes adjust. The red mode is good for walking around the house at night without turning on the lights and waking everyone up. It uses three AAA batteries.

It has a claimed 435 lumens, but I disregard lumens since they can be so wildly exaggerated. Instead, I use my "dog or deer" test. At what distance does the light put out enough illumination to tell the difference between a dog and a deer? My best LED flashlight is good for about 140 yards. The Coast in spot beam is good for about 100 yards. My other headlamps are in the 50 to 70-yard range. 

I bought them at the Bellevue Home Depot in West Nashville out of one of those Christmas Special bins.

I hope they're still in stock at your Home Depots. By the way, Home Depot also had a display for what appears to be an identical light, but it's only 1 for $19.95. 

Home Depot also had a display for Copper Fit socks. I'm leery of the copper doing anything beneficial, but they were 3 pairs for $9.95 so I bought them. They are surprisingly warm, especially for a no-show anklet sock. I'm a runner so I wear these no-show socks in the winter and my feet often get cold. These socks help. Maybe there is something to this "copper" thing.

EDITED:  Besides, what is Christmas without getting a pair of socks?

Edited by jgradyc
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I hope they're still in stock at your Home Depots. By the way, Home Depot also had a display for what appears to be an identical light, but it's only 1 for $19.95. 

Home Depot also had a display for Copper Fit socks. I'm leery of the copper doing anything beneficial, but they were 3 pairs for $9.95 so I bought them. They are surprisingly warm, especially for a no-show anklet sock. I'm a runner so I wear these no-show socks in the winter and my feet often get cold. These socks help. Maybe there is something to this "copper" thing.

EDITED:  Besides, what is Christmas without getting a pair of socks?

I went to HD here in Lenoir City today and they only had the single as mentioned for 19.95. I took 2 of the singles to the service counter and had the 2 pack pulled up on their app showing the sale price. The lady discounted the 2 $10 each to give me the price so I didn't have to order online or go to another store in the area showing them in stock. 

• Like 2

I have the white/red version that looks the same, probably from Costco.  I must say I was able to dig down to a water main break and fix it after dark on a set of batteries a while back.   May have taken a shark bite, few beverages, and some harsh language as well.