Recomendations needed... Great big soft shooting 9 mm...

leroy

Beretta 92 / M9. The barrel stays straight and doesn't tilt and the 9mm round doesn't even have to travel up a "ramp" . IT is designed to just go straight in the chamber. That is why they feed so reliably. My 92/M9 shoots very soft and feeds great !

beretta.jpg.f371659d625fbc5c56aaee9c95762abc.jpg

ber1.jpg.920195f7e73e3989450ada3554815b02.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

If you’re going with plastic, a long slide G34 is a lot of fun. 

The G24 in 40 is fun too. But if you really want tohave fun, and wake the neighbors...get a .357 Sig barrel for the G24. It will wake people in the next city and put out a flame that is unbelievable. 

• Like 1
On 12/25/2018 at 11:03 PM, hipower said:

The G24 in 40 is fun too. But if you really want tohave fun, and wake the neighbors...get a .357 Sig barrel for the G24. It will wake people in the next city and put out a flame that is unbelievable. 

Hipower may have nailed it... i need ta look for a G24... I looked at the specs... It is a semiatomatic SAA... HEHEHE... Long barrel, 38 oz weight... Now to find a "lovingly cared for, lightly used model"... HEHEHE...

And a special thanks to all who have taken the time to opine...

leroy

On 12/22/2018 at 9:43 PM, cmsmith712001 said:

Sorry, I skipped right past the Glock or XD statement.  Ignore my CZ post.

Dont worry; thanks for the recommendation... I like the CZ pistols too... Im just tryin to get all my semiauto stuff in the Glock... XD pile... 

leroy

On 1/1/2019 at 9:08 AM, leroy said:

Hipower may have nailed it... i need ta look for a G24... I looked at the specs... It is a semiatomatic SAA... HEHEHE... Long barrel, 38 oz weight... Now to find a "lovingly cared for, lightly used model"... HEHEHE...

And a special thanks to all who have taken the time to opine...

leroy

Good luck finding a used 24.  Glock makes them in batches every few years and some competitive shooters are quite fond of them.  BTW, the 17L is the 9mm version of the 24.  Both are gen 3 only.  Neither weighs near 38 oz, more like 26 or 27.  A 17L would be a sweet shooter, though.  There are currently five on Gunbroker.  A 34 in whatever gen would be an easy shooter, too.  

I have never shot a 17L or even a 34 that I can remember.  One of my grandfathers had a G24 and it was a softer and more accurate shooter than a G17. I would think a 17L would shoot like many 22lr pistols.

Have you thought about a H&K in 9mm?

For an all steel pistol with several features added and a reasonable price, look at the Rock Island line.  They offer several different frame sizes and are readily available.  Even Bob Marvel considers them to be the bargain of the 1911 platform market.   He allowed they use marginal materials but do a fine job of assembly and fitting.  Since Bob made this recommendation I have been watching the Rock Island line and am impressed with their offerings, even considering adding in a Super .38 variant.  And just who is Bob Marvel?  Look up his signature line of 1911 offerings to get the tip of the iceberg about a highly skilled and respected pistolsmith.

2 hours ago, stumpy said:

For an all steel pistol with several features added and a reasonable price, look at the Rock Island line.  They offer several different frame sizes and are readily available.  Even Bob Marvel considers them to be the bargain of the 1911 platform market.   He allowed they use marginal materials but do a fine job of assembly and fitting.  Since Bob made this recommendation I have been watching the Rock Island line and am impressed with their offerings, even considering adding in a Super .38 variant.  And just who is Bob Marvel?  Look up his signature line of 1911 offerings to get the tip of the iceberg about a highly skilled and respected pistolsmith.

My first 9 mm 1911 was a Rock Island.  It's not a barbeque gun but it's dependable and accurate.