TAURUS SPECTRUM 380 - Picked Up De 23 (Traded Hi-Point)

PAULSHOOT

11 hours ago, Moped said:

Actually, I’ve had two of the little PT111 G2s and both have been excellent pistols.  I also bought a 627 .357, that I really like as well. Fit and finish isn’t a S&W, but I paid half of what I would have paid for a 686. I’m happy with it.  I also have a .44mag in lay-a-way right now too.

How many rounds through the guns?

5 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

Had 300+ in the first PT111G2 without a hiccup, before trading it away.  Working on 700 on the second one, with no hiccups.  Just gave it to my son. The 627 only has 50 mixed rounds of .357 and .38 through it.

The on thing I dislike about the PT111 is the plastic sights, but I haven't had an issue with it.  Just wish they were steel or aluminum.

3 minutes ago, Moped said:

Had 300+ in the first PT111G2 without a hiccup, before trading it away.  Working on 700 on the second one, with no hiccups.  Just gave it to my son. The 627 only has 50 mixed rounds of .357 and .38 through it.

The on thing I dislike about the PT111 is the plastic sights, but I haven't had an issue with it.  Just wish they were steel or aluminum.

So not a bunch of rounds through the guns. Out of all the guns we sell, Taurus gets send off for repairs the most. Most of my Glocks have stock sights so they are plastic, It does not really bother me to much. I did just swap out the sights on my 19X and noticed a nice chunk missing from the rear sight where I must have dropped it at some point.

6 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

No, not a bunch of rounds.  But enough that I was comfortable carrying them from time to time.  Probably about normal for about 90% of firearms made and sold here in the USA.  I don't go shooting everyday like some that seem to have unlimited resources.  One a every month or two on average.  Sometimes a little more sometimes a little less.  

Have you seen a lot of the G2s sent back? Or are you describing older ones too?  How about the revolvers?  What shop do you work at or own?  If they are not good quality firearms, why sell them?

56 minutes ago, Moped said:

Have you seen a lot of the G2s sent back? Or are you describing older ones too?  How about the revolvers?  What shop do you work at or own?  If they are not good quality firearms, why sell them?

We don't sell a bunch of the revolvers but I don't think I have seen one of those come back for repair. The G2C and PT111 get sent back the most at out store, we also sell a ton of those at the store. Taurus has been a good run of late, I've not seen one in a couple weeks sent back. Had one guy send the same LCP back for the third time :) I'm surprised how few Smith SD9 and 40's get sent back, it's a cheap gun too. I work part time at a local Academy, Fishing and firearms can be two expensive hobbies :)

Edit: If I owned a gun store I would sell Taurus, YUGE margin compared to other firearms.

Edited by felinesNfreedom
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

I work part time at a local Academy, Fishing and firearms can be two expensive hobbies :)

I might consider working part time at a gun store, when I retire! They could just pay me in product! 🙂

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

So what is the going bullets/hour rate? Lol

Depends on the caliber and type!  I'd work for a box an hour.  Of course, then you have other products like firearms and optics!  LOL!

• 2 months later...

Update NOT NEEDED as the Spectrum has been working since last repairs, but gonna give an update anyway. 

Review: The last repair resulted in replacement of the Slide Lock Back Lever Spring, a new Recoil Spring, and what appeared to me to be a new Striker Assy (certainly different one that the original).  Plus my slight modification of the bottom of the feed ramp (I made it a slight "U"  at the bottom vs a straight edge). 

There has been a lot of negativity about Taurus from various folks replying -- all I can say is "Whatever". Similar to what my G-Daughter use to say a lot.  LOL

My PT 111 G2 works fine and was like $189.99 when I bought it back in 2016.

I see the new G2C for as low as $184.99 and there was a rebate of $25 on that.

See the Spectrum for as low as $119 (RK) and a bunch of them at BUD'S Sevierville for $129.99.

The TX22 is getting great reviews (don't thin ever seen a bad one) on U-Tube, have not seen a bad review. I see the TX22 at Smoky Mtn Gun & AMMO for $259.99 and Taurus rebate for $50 off that. The gun includes two MAGS (as most all TAURUS guns do), and a threaded barrel and an adapter,

Plus, a Life Time Warranty and I have been happy with their service on the Spectrum despite being twice sent back and considerable time for return. 

All that said - I am a bit different and probably cheaper (value conscious I call it) than some gun folks. I am not into $400 to $1000 (+) for a pistol to target shoot (mostly what I do and include practice some defense shooting). Even to Carry when likely never need to defend and if I do, pretty sure the Taurus will work (that is if I can make the right legal decision to use it, to get it out, and shoot before the bad guy does GROAN).  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
  • Like 2