The New Glock 48 - Single Stack 10rd Glock 19-ish

TGO David

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I've carried a Glock 19 for nearly a decade and I still think they make one of the most reliable guns on the market. The Gen4 17 is one of my favorite guns I own. I'm obviously a fan. That being said, Glock stopped being innovative in the 90's. They are always trying to respond to a consumer request from 5 or 10 years ago. The request for a single stack 9mm became an internet meme before it became reality. I'm not convinced the G43 has been as successful as they hoped. It seems even some of the die hard Glock guys prefer the Shield. 

You and I are watching some totally different traffic on the Internet if you think the G43 hasn't been successful.  This isn't me being a fan-girl, either.  I own a Shield 9mm only because it came out first.  The G43 has acquired a very substantial following, even as an EDC among legit high-speed dudes who could and used-to- carry whatever the heck they wanted to carry.

I think this one is going to knock the ball out of the park for a lot of people who want the longer sight radius of a G19 without the width of one.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, TGO David said:

You and I are watching some totally different traffic on the Internet if you think the G43 hasn't been successful.  This isn't me being a fan-girl, either.  I own a Shield 9mm only because it came out first.  The G43 has acquired a very substantial following, even as an EDC among legit high-speed dudes who could and used-to- carry whatever the heck they wanted to carry.

I think this one is going to knock the ball out of the park for a lot of people who want the longer sight radius of a G19 without the width of one.

Even as negative as I've been on this new Glock, David, you do make some good points.

Time and availability well tell which way the wind blows on this one.

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

I agree with David on the 43, it seems to be successful to me. I love mine and I could carry generally anything I want. Off-duty it is my go to weapon for EDC. I shoot it extremely well compared to others in the field. Capacity is adequate with the TT +2 or +3 basepads.  I've tried the Shield, XD-S, and numerous others that I dont quite consider competitors as they are more pocket guns and haven't found one I like better.

I am not one of the legit high speed dudes David mentioned but I have done a little bit that I feel I have an ok grasp of weapons and can generate a decent opinion of a firearm. I think the big 3 all put out solid handguns (M&P, XD-S, 43) that just come down to user preference.  I have never told someone that bought one of these that they should have bought a 43 because realistically if they carry it, it shoots reliability,  and they like it then that is what matters.

I am sure the 48 will sell for numerous reasons. Fanboys will buy them because they are Glocks, some legit dudes will buy them for the incremental benefits over another gun they have, noobs will buy them because they will fill several roles with one gun. Like I said in an earlier post I could probably find a day or two that this size would be convenient. Currently funds go to optics and other builds but who knows I may pick one up and it just speaks to me to buy it.  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, MacGyver said:

0.16” narrower isn’t insignificant. 

For a skinny guy like me, it could carry lighter and slimmer.  I don’t really have a problem with the 19. It’s been my chosen platform for a long time. 

But...

i’m going to reserve judgement.  It could feel significantly different in hand.  Slimmer might mean a little full better firing grip for some folks. And, that’s a good thing.  

This sums it up for me (well except for the 19 being my chosen platform). Carried a 43 for a long time and  then the P365 came out and bye bye went the 43. 19s have never worked for me because the grip is a terrible fit for me. If I want to carry something 19 sized it's one of my CZs, either the P01 or P10.

The P365 fills the role of "leave it in the car, wear it everywhere but work" for me so I probably won't get one but I'll wait and see how it feels in hand to decide for sure.

43 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Here is a video review of the G43x that also includes a comparison with the G48.  Not quite sure this is supposed to be out there yet but it is. 

https://www.full30.com/embed/MDE4NDk0

The two-tone finish has to go.

Interesting, I must admit. Like it better than the G43. But what's not to like about 5 more rounds?

Whether I'd give up my Shield for it is another matter. Would have to spend some time with them side by side first.

Also some very good information on the G48. In spite of some of my earlier comments, I can now see some justification for the 48 vs the 19. Would I buy one, probably not. But now have to fully agree With TGO David. I believe the G48, and the G43X will sell well.

1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

I'll pass on this with it being a 9mm , BUT  ,,,,,, if Glock has this same gun in .45acp with 10 rds and just as thin , I'd snatch it up quick.

44 minutes ago, hipower said:

I kept saying that about the Shield. lol

They already make that. It’s called a Kahr P45. 😄

• Like 2

They are supposed to be in stores on January 21st.

The silver Slimline models G43X and G48 will be showcased at SHOT Show 2019 and will be available on dealer shelves beginning January 21st.

Edited by KahrMan