The New Glock 48 - Single Stack 10rd Glock 19-ish

TGO David

I like my handguns similar to the way I like women...just thick enough to grip well.  These single stack Glocks are way to skinny for me.  But I get it, Glock has to make a product to people without the genetic condition known as "man hands". 😉

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Personally, I am more interested in the Glock 43-X than the 48. I think this is the model designed to compete directly with the P-365. I like the fact the grip on the 43-X is larger than the G43 and the P365. That was the one complaint I have with both pistols. The grip is too small for me to get a quick solid grasp. You all may have already seen the video from Sootch.

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDE4NTEw/new-glock-g43x-g48-first-look

Edited by TNman207
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Rumor is that it’s a .22. 

Don't make fun of the 22 idea, steelharp. Some of us poor people like shooting 22. lol

Actually have a G17 frame with an Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit on it. Sweet shooter. The only flaw it the ridiculous mags for it.

I'd like to see a 22 Glock with some good mags. JMO

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, hipower said:

Don't make fun of the 22 idea, steelharp. Some of us poor people like shooting 22. lol

Actually have a G17 frame with an Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit on it. Sweet shooter. The only flaw it the ridiculous mags for it.

I'd like to see a 22 Glock with some good mags. JMO

I’m not kidding or making fun. I’m 100% serious. The rumors I’ve heard are that the Glock 44 is going to be a .22. 

They are rumors and could be totally wrong, but it’s just what I’ve heard. 

• Like 1

I put my order in for a 43X,I think (or hope) its a winner...I hated the G43 and i wont go near a 365,my EDC is a PM9 with a +1 baseplate .

BUT I also have a G26 so I dont see how this will be an improvement ,its not much thinner. However I like guns so I will buy it because I cant resist LOL

23 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m not kidding or making fun. I’m 100% serious. The rumors I’ve heard are that the Glock 44 is going to be a .22. 

They are rumors and could be totally wrong, but it’s just what I’ve heard. 

My  posting was actually directed at Steelharp. We have a running sarcastic and sometimes funny, friendship, but I love the guy.

Now on to you. I really hadn't heard anything on the 44. I've been out of touch for a while. I do like the idea, especially if it allows me to rid myself of those horrid mags. But Id be stuck with a very good shooter in my 17 conversion, unless by wonderful chance, Glock builds magazines that would fit it. And to think about it...it probably would. 

Would you agree? 

On 12/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, TGO David said:

It's a shame they didn't consult with you first.  ;)

My bet is they'll sell a ton of these and the market will start to see a bunch of used P365s as Glock faithful move away from the Sigs they bought and back to this.

A true Glock faithful never left. If Glock made a true pocket pistol, I would stop carrying my  Micro Eagle. For all else other than deep concealment daily pocket carry, my G19 fits the bill. And that is 100% of the time I am not at work.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, Steelharp said:

I remember, not so long ago, 10 rounds was considered wimpy and downright Communist.

Now, it's all the rage.

:confused:

Some folks are just accepting the law changes and adapting, as opposed to uprooting and moving to Free States.

11 minutes ago, Murgatroy said:

Some folks are just accepting the law changes and adapting, as opposed to uprooting and moving to Free States.

More like manufacturers are trying to appeal to the biggest markets.  Lots of money to be made in certain states that have huge populations but also have the strictest laws.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

More like manufacturers are trying to appeal to the biggest markets.  Lots of money to be made in certain states that have huge populations but also have the strictest laws.

Semantics without sarcasm. We are on the same page. ;)

I may have said this in another topic but I'll say it again : After living through the "Clinton Assault weapon ban" in 1991-2004 , I may have one gun that only holds 10 rounds , but just one. If I can help it , most of my 9mm's will be the type that can accept larger mags like the G26 that can accept a Glock 33rd magazine. I don't wear a "tin Foil hat" but it sure seems like a lot of companies are going to slim single stack 10 rounds or less and not doing anything with the glock 26 types. I know people want thin and small but after being limited to only 10 rounds at the most from 1994 to 2004 , I'm gonna stick with my double stacks even if they are a bit thick. I still have my itty bitty small guns like my Ruger LCPII and such but my bread and butter are my G26 , G30 , and XD9SC . They are small but can accept it's full size brother's magazines.

• Like 2