New name, old guy

After 3000 posts and no warnings, I thought it safe to properly introduce myself.

I've been a firearm and shooting enthusiast for 30 years, primarily a handgun shooter. 

I do like the PCC / PDW concept and have 2 projects that got way out of hand, a .30cal M1 carbine and 9mm HiPoint carbine.

My current preferred brand is CZ, my favorite being a CGW tuned 75B Omega. Next favorite is a new to me RAMI P, which has been my EDC for the last two weeks.

In the shooting arena, I started formal training in 2012 with Randy Harris and Suarez International. I have continued to utilize Randy as my primary instructor ever since.

I would describe myself as a professional student, practical not tactical, and a confident fighter with adequate shooting and defensive skills.

Professionally, I entered the financial services sector in 1988 in consumer lending. I'm old enough to know what I don't know, but well versed on borrowing and lending money on stuff, vehicles specifically. Sales, training, business development, marketing, leadership, relationship building are all pieces of what I do.

The downturns of 03 and 08 opened my skill set restaurant management and operations (twice), commerical and residential moving, leading a multi million dollar flooring installation and sales organization, to running a souvenir kiosk at UT sporting events.

Married, 22 years, son and granddaughter.

Enjoy historical fiction and alternative historical fiction. Being a history buff, Google-fu allows me to fact check or dive deeper into the history the author is presenting.

I can honestly say I like all music. While not a musical family, my paternal grandmother played the viola in a community orchestra and weekend quartets with Leroy Anderson. Dad can still bang out a tune or three on the piano. I played trombone in highschool marching band and we listened to classical music at dinner while growing up.

Within each musical genre I've been exposed to, I have found at least one or two tunes I actually like.

I'm a born again, open minded, gun toting, Bible reading Roman Catholic.

I am humbled and blessed  to have so many TGO friends, those I've met in person and those who I only know through posts and PMs.

As my hero Sam Berns teaches, surround yourself with people of quality; thank you for accepting me!

Edited by A.J. Holst
  • Like 3