Car dealer help

dralarms

22 minutes ago, dralarms said:

My truck has laid down and it appears it might take a bit to fix. Anyone on here sell used trucks or vans at a decent price? I need a backup not a primary. 

Give me a call, 865-919-3909, may be able to help.

For a reference, check with gjohnsoniv, I steered him to a dealership, not sure how it went, and I haven't heard from him... I hope we're still friends.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I watch LSN, Craigslist, and go to bank repo auctions. I try to avoid used car dealers anytime I can.

If you have a Facebook account, it is also a great place to look for a used vehicle.

I was watching fb, and a guy had a 2001 Chevy 2500 van for 2500.00 in good shape, he opnion of good and mine are worlds apart. Only had the drivers seat and was rough inside. Motor sounded strange too, migh5 have been an idler pulley but I ran away. 

3 hours ago, dralarms said:

I did find an 04 Ford F-150 lariat 4wd, with a brand new rebuilt tranny and 199000 miles today at a car dealer for 8000. Not sure if that’s good or not. 

What are you looking for in a truck?

First Gen Tundras provide a lot of value. I'm on the Tundra forum some, you wouldn't beleive how many guys have 300k miles on theirs. A few have passed 500k and one guy got 1 million miles. His was a gen 2 but same 4.7L V8.

https://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/d/douglasville-2004-toyota-tundra-crew/6780692220.html

This one is priced very well. It has the rare stepside which some make fun of. I'd drive it though.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/lawrenceville-2003-toyota-tundra-4x4/6782192850.html

Edited by Erik88
23 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

What are you looking for in a truck?

First Gen Tundras provide a lot of value. I'm on the Tundra forum some, you wouldn't beleive how many guys have 300k miles on theirs. A few have passed 500k and one guy got 1 million miles. His was a gen 2 but same 4.7L V8.

https://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/d/douglasville-2004-toyota-tundra-crew/6780692220.html

This one is priced very well. It has the rare stepside which some make fun of. I'd drive it though.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/lawrenceville-2003-toyota-tundra-4x4/6782192850.html

Just looking for someth8ng I can work out of. Needs a 6.5 or 6.4 bed minimum due to carrying 6 ft ladders around. Also looking for something fairly local as I’m not driving to Atlanta to buy a truck. (My wife would never make it through there)

Scott Cass at East Tennessee Auto  is good people. Family and myself have bought 5 vehicles from him. He is a stand up guy. You can see the inventory on their web site. He has lots in Athens, Etowah, Madisonville and one in Englewood under  Charlie's used cars

14 hours ago, dralarms said:

I did find an 04 Ford F-150 lariat 4wd, with a brand new rebuilt tranny and 199000 miles today at a car dealer for 8000. Not sure if that’s good or not. 

Sounds crazy high to me. I bought an '06 4 door XLT 4x4 with a 6.5' bed for $2700 at a repo auction. It needed a windshield and a set of tires. It has 220k miles.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

In case every one is wondering where all those late 90 and early 00 trucks and SUVs went, clash for clunkers reset the auto industry.

Yep and it hurt the used parts business since all were supposed to be crushed. 

Total waste. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

In case every one is wondering where all those late 90 and early 00 trucks and SUVs went, clash for clunkers reset the auto industry.

My son who was a tech at a Dodge/Jeep dealer at the time talked about draining the oil out of nice Jeep Cherokees with good 4.0 engines and driving them out back and running the engine wide open until they blew. Such a waste of good usable vehicles. I'm sure it happened to a lot of others as well  but as a jeep guy that hurt me.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, -boatman- said:

My son who was a tech at a Dodge/Jeep dealer at the time talked about draining the oil out of nice Jeep Cherokees with good 4.0 engines and driving them out back and running the engine wide open until they blew. Such a waste of good usable vehicles. I'm sure it happened to a lot of others as well  but as a jeep guy that hurt me.

A tech told me at their dealership they poured liquid glass into the oil pan and ran it a few minutes to distribute it. Once set up the engine was toast. 

Sad thing is few of the actual "junkers" got junked, but a lot of good vehicles did

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

A tech told me at their dealership they poured liquid glass into the oil pan and ran it a few minutes to distribute it. Once set up the engine was toast. 

Sad thing is few of the actual "junkers" got junked, but a lot of good vehicles did

Thats what happens when new car sales slow down. They make it harder and harder to find really good used vehicles. That is not a new game. They were doing that back in the 70's and 80's to.