Passed up an awesome Ruger P-Series

tercel89

I know most gun owners don't care for the older Ruger P-Series , especially the younger gun owners. But while at Guns And Leather in Greenbrier I came upon a nice like new used Ruger P-345 stainless slide , with the box , 3 magazines and all for $295. The insides looked like they may have shot no more than 50 rds . I went back there twice , had the cash in hand and some how resisted buying it. I went out set on buying some AR500 shooting steel. I got my steel later on in the day but I swear that Ruger was a sweet deal ! Just thought I'd pass this on since GNL is a great place and I think Mr. William's son is a member here.  Those guns were built to last , even though this one and the P-95's and P-97's had polymer rails built into the frame. They just run and run with no wear at all on those polymer rails.  So anyone want a good reliable gun at a great price  , GNL has it !

Edited by tercel89

I always considered the P series pistols to be great values, just overly big and bulky.  Much more of a duty/truck/house gun than a concealed carry piece.  Several friends and I had the P85/89s and found them to be utterly reliable with any ammunition we tried in them, even that old hard primer Egyptian machine gun ammo you used to be able to by for $50 or so a thousand.  Not many premium named handguns could claim that.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.