Feb 23 Responsibly Armed w/ Weems and Harris Dayton TN

On Saturday Feb 23 Lee Weems (JLW) and I will be offering a 1 day class at The Ridge in Dayton TN !!!  

Responsibly Armed with Weems and Harris (Dayton, TN: 2/23/19 )

Price : $ 130 

Sat, February 23, 2019

9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST

Description

Lee Weems and Randy Harris have teamed up to offer a unique course combining classroom education dynamics of the use of deadly force as well as practical live fire training.

Classroom:

“Stand your ground” isn't a magic phrase that transforms a use of force into a lawful use of force. This class explores the dynamics of deadly force encounters to include the reasonable man doctrine, the lawful use of force, interacting with responding officers, and more.

Lee Weems combines two decades of law enforcement experience along with his education from places such as the Force Science Institute, the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program, the Massad Ayoob Group Deadly Force Instructor certification course, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Use of Force Instructor Training Program, and many others to create the content for this presentation.

Live Fire:

"Avoid it if you can but win it if you can't". In the afternoon session we will delve into the dynamics of interpersonal conflict in the criminal assault paradigm. We will look at what skills you REALLY need to have to be prepared to respond to physical assault with a firearm. This session will cover recognizing the cues of impending criminal assault and taking meaningful action to dissuade or counter it, the core skills of fighting with a handgun, and after action assessment including preparation for dealing with police response. Students will need their pistol, at least 1 spare magazine and their holster and a way to carry their spare magazine. They will need 150 rounds of ammo and eye and ear protection.

Randy Harris is a highly-accomplished civilian firearms trainer with over 20 years’ experience in the field. He holds instructor certifications from Rangemaster, Suarez International, the National Rifle Association, and the State of Tennessee. He has participated in the National Tactical Invitational and is a multi-time presenter at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference. Randy is an IDPA Master Class shooter in five divisions, and he is one of only four people to hold both the Red Pin from the Rogers Shooting School and a Turbo Pin from Gabe White's Pistol Shooting Solutions class.

Tuition for the class is $130 (plus fee if processed through Eventbrite).

Payment may also be made via the following:
Eventbrite 

PayPal: lee@firstpersonsafety.com

cash.me/$1stpersonsafety

The Ridge

11534 Rhea County Highway

Dayton, TN 37321

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
  • Like 1

Just a quick note on Lee and I hope this doesn't embarrass him .... I'm not one to frivolously throw around praise but Lee is a guy that when I talk about him to other people I preface it with "That is one SMART dude.....and he is so smart he doesn't even feel the need to prove how smart he is". No kidding. He is going to put on an absolutely fabulous classroom presentation and then I will be following it up with a range session that afternoon that dovetails perfectly to cover the skills that really matter with no fluff or foolishness.

This class is what your carry permit class SHOULD have been. And with 2 instructors with our credentials certainly no one can complain about the pricing structure....😉 

Hope to see you in Dayton in February!!!

• Like 1

Eventbrite zapped the links to the other payment options.  Here they are:

Arrangements to pay the deposit or full class fee via cash, check, money order may be made by contacting the instructor at lee@firstpersonsafety.com. Payment may also be made via the following:
www.venmo.com/firstpersonsafety (preferred)
PayPal: lee@firstpersonsafety.com
cash.me/$1stpersonsafety

I received a Venmo payment from a person with the initials of "C. B.".  I have their full name but no email address to which to process their order through Eventbrite.

"C.B." if you see this, please contact me at lee@firstpersonsafety.com.

I am looking forward to meeting Lee and hearing him speak.

If it not raining, I can assure you, we will be adding a really cool dynamic to the shooting portion of this class.

Dare I say, if this dynamic has been done before, very rarely and not with the same attention to detail.

If you have never visited the Ridge, it is a top notch facility, both indoor and pistol range. Bill and his team do a fantastic job with their stewardship of the property and you can inquire about access to the 250 yard rifle range. Easily found on Hwy 27 with good access for 2WD vehicles.

Hope your are curious enough to come out - we've gotten much better since our early days in the valley!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, Cruel Hand Luke said:

OK Guys and gals....last call !

We still have a few spots available so if you were wrestling with whether to sign up or not.... get yourself signed up! You'll end up kicking yourself later if you don't.... 

I have attended several classes with CHL.  Quality instruction by someone that has a proven performance track record.  Both Randy and Lee are nationally sought after instructors.  The only reason I am posting is that this is a bargain for a local, quality program that addresses topics directly related to the armed citizen.  As Randy said, if you are wondering whether to attend I can definitely recommend signing up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was a really great class put on by two highly qualified individuals. I think this would be the perfect next step following getting a carry permit for everyone who looks to carry a gun for self defense or even just possibly ever having to use a gun for defense. Hope they can continue to put this class together for lots of people to get a day of very useful info and training.

I learned something within the first 2 minutes of Lee starting and picked up tons of useful information to retain throughout his whole class. He does a great job of going over his material - even though sometimes it is lots of legal-ese talk that he is breaking down to lay mans terms (thank goodness for me).  I even learned the importance and difference between "can I" and "may I", and more importantly for this class, "must I" 😎.

I've been through Randy's flagship class years ago but this was a great compacted refresher for lots that I've forgotten. His  - pests eat fast -  is very good info and mindset to have ( + KEEP) in your toolbox. Don't know what that is? Get to class and find out. We even had the great fortune of having the monsoon finally break and got to enjoy the range without getting soaked to the bone. Also got to experience shooting drills in quicksand - which is sure to be useful someday. Had a great time and enjoyed spending the day with some great folks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miller Man hit the nail on the head. Great class, a "MUST" for anyone with a permit.

I would break it down like this:

Lee: The law and Criminal Justice system in the context of self-defense.

Being retired LE, I was familiar with most of this information and it is something a "layman" should really know, particularly in the context of self-defense. Lee broke it down for us (non-lawyers) and gave his insights based on years of experience.

Randy: How to see and avoid most of the "ugliness" that may come your way....... and how to prevail if you can't avoid it.

This was not my first class with Randy. Pests eat fast.

The shooting instruction is top notch. I like the approach:

This is why we do it and how it works. This is how we do it. Now, let's do it, it might save your life. Randy is always top notch.

Overall a great day (in spite of the weather) of learning... at a price that can't be beat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A huge THANKS to all who came out and participated ! 

Of the 19 students I think I knew about half of them from previous classes and I  look forward to seeing the other half in class again some time too.  Lee put on a very educational block on the legalities of lethal force and Sean provided some TN specific commentary.  After lunch I covered how to spot and avoid potential interpersonal problems before they become confirmed interpersonal problems and ways to increase your odds before it goes combative. Then we squared away some core skills of fighting with a pistol in dry work and then did live fire drills replicating the most common street scenarios. 

Thanks for everyone coming out and working hard even with the potential of torrential downpour. By the time we actually went to the range the weather had mostly cleared up (prayer works) and we were able to get through the shooting without needing fins and scuba gear...  

A huge THANKS to Lee for coming up and lending his expertise and providing some much needed information in an area that most people think they know a lot more about than they often do.  

Who knows, with the resounding success this class was we might be persuaded to offer it again in the future.....