Mossberg Announces the New MC1sc Subcompact 9mm Pistol

FortKnox

2 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

NO! Just say no Mossberg. Remington did this, how well did that work out for them......

I was just about to type that same thing. I'm afraid that this may be another RP9 flop. Look how bad the review was on Military Arms Channel . He had to send it back and get another one it was so bad.

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Garufa said:

Why? You may ask.  Because who doesn't want to remove the entire striker to disassemble for cleaning?  😀

I just some dude disassemble one on a video.  Taking the striker assembly out just to field strip is a big negative in my opinion.

The way I look at it the more options I have the better. Something about it I may like that drives me to buy one, if not then I leave it on the shelf. Good competition breeds continuous improvement and lower prices, or at least can.

I mean really, who needs a car in a color other than black....

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Does it seem that the striker is what keep the whole slide on ? until I can handle one , to me it seems that the little tang on the bottom of the striker is what keeps the slide on. If that is correct , it seems like that would be a lot of pressure on that little nub .

I guess I am at the point in life where if it's not a 1911, it'll either be Glock, Sig, or HK for a semi-auto handgun.  There are SO many one-offs coming from manufacturers now.  Parts aren't easy to come by, and extra mags are very expensive.  I just don't need any of them.

A Mossberg semi-auto pistol seems like the five-assed monkey of the handgun world.

Edited by shaftbass
10 hours ago, NickinTN said:

I think it was $399, might have been $349. I didn't pay much attention after holding it. 

Thanks!  For that price, there are several name brands out there that have a proven product. This seems a bit high to me.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I just handled the Mossberg pistol last night. The striker lug and slide-back-plate is what keeps the slide locked on the frame rails. It doesn't have a slide lock like a Glock or a rotating locking pin like a S. A. XD or a Beretta 92. I have never handled a pistol like that before. It's very simple and I hope time will prove it reliable. It felt great in the hand. The trigger pull and reset were about average. The slide back plate is metal. So time will tell if this design is good and will hold up to a high round count.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...