What are some products you WISH they would announce at SHOT 2019?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Omega said:

How about a battery operated shooting glove that assists in pulling the trigger at 700-970 rounds per minute :hiding:

They should call it the Assisted Trigger Finger just to be real a-holes about it too. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Administrator

You guys realize how weird the market is right now?  Single stack 9mm handguns are the rage, Springfield is doing the Lord's work bringing the 10mm Auto cartridge into vogue, and nothing much else seems to be getting any attention.

Daniel Defense's bolt-action rifle seems like a play by Marty Daniel to have something to sell the next time he gets stupid and throws his support behind more legislation that hurts gun owners.

The AR-pattern rifle market is dead, dead, dead.  Their value peaked and crashed post-Newtown, and until the swamp rats in Washington DC make a viable push to ban them [again] the market for them will continue to circle the toilet like a turd that just won't flush.

The AK-pattern rifle is the only black rifle that seems to be making anyone any money these days, which still makes me wonder if we all didn't get abducted by aliens back in 2013 and get transported to some weird alter dimension where an AK brings more money than an AR. 

Of course just today the Hearing Protection Act rumor-mill has started up again.  🙄

• Haha 2

I’m going to try to check out one of the Barrett Rec 10’s this weekend at the outpost armory. Apparently they’ll have some but Barrett still hasn’t released any info on their website. I think they’re waiting until they present it at shotshow.

Edited by Ahitchc4
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
18 hours ago, MacGyver said:

More walnut. 

Henry Rifles heard you.

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2019/1/4/henry-repeating-arms-introduces-long-ranger-in-65-creedmoor-and-american-eagle-rifles/

henrylongranger-65creedmoor_inset.jpg?wi

The company’s Long Ranger lever-action rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor uses a 22-inch blued steel sporter-contoured, free-floated barrel with a 1:8″ twist to get the most accuracy out of the high BC bullet. The American walnut stock sports deep checkering, a soft rubber recoil pad and a steel forestock cap. The rifle utilizes a chromed-steel bolt and a six-lug rotary head, worked via a geared action to provide a solid lockup similar to that of a bolt-action rifle. Other features include a detachable, 4-round box magazine and a drilled and tapped receiver. The Long Ranger in 6.5 Creedmoor has an MSRP of $1,066.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Glock Carbine.

Something inspired by the Sub 2000 but polished a bit better. 

A feller can dream can't he :D

I mean, one has to believe that somewhere buried inside Glock company files is a carbine design.  They HAVE to have played with the idea before and probably vetted a design that would work really well.

Now that they're crazy enough to release a single-stack Glock 19 48, maybe there's hope that we will finally see a carbine in the next few years.

4 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Glock Carbine.

Something inspired by the Sub 2000 but polished a bit better. 

A feller can dream can't he :D

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

I mean, one has to believe that somewhere buried inside Glock company files is a carbine design.  They HAVE to have played with the idea before and probably vetted a design that would work really well.

Now that they're crazy enough to release a single-stack Glock 19 48, maybe there's hope that we will finally see a carbine in the next few years.

I'd think Glock could do a PDW style gun with good results before a carbine.  The CZ Scorpion and SIG MPX have shown there is a legit market for a quality PDW (even with a "brace" versus a true stock) that slings pistol rounds.

Edited by btq96r
  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I'd think Glock could do a PDW style gun with good results before a carbine.  The CZ Scorpion and SIG MPX have shown there is a legit market for a quality PDW (even with a "brace" versus a true stock) that slings pistol rounds.

Well..I typed carbine...but that is exactly what I mean.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

I'm not picky.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, TGO David said:

Henry Rifles heard you.

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2019/1/4/henry-repeating-arms-introduces-long-ranger-in-65-creedmoor-and-american-eagle-rifles/

henrylongranger-65creedmoor_inset.jpg?wi

The company’s Long Ranger lever-action rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor uses a 22-inch blued steel sporter-contoured, free-floated barrel with a 1:8″ twist to get the most accuracy out of the high BC bullet. The American walnut stock sports deep checkering, a soft rubber recoil pad and a steel forestock cap. The rifle utilizes a chromed-steel bolt and a six-lug rotary head, worked via a geared action to provide a solid lockup similar to that of a bolt-action rifle. Other features include a detachable, 4-round box magazine and a drilled and tapped receiver. The Long Ranger in 6.5 Creedmoor has an MSRP of $1,066.

If only it had iron sights on it.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, Ahitchc4 said:

I’m going to try to check out one of the Barrett Rec 10’s this weekend at the outpost armory. Apparently they’ll have some but Barrett still hasn’t released any info on their website. I think they’re waiting until they present it at shotshow.

Outpost had some on the wall the weekend before Christmas.  First impressions were very good. 

I'm hoping a razor 1-8 in first focal plane makes its way to market.