I went to buy a 1911.....

Parrothead

I was REALLY wanting to go get a 1911. Posted on here and got great info (thank you), read online and was ready to go make it happen. 

Went to the gun store today. Someone was blocking the 1911 section so I looked at the used handguns while waiting. In the bottom corner of the case, I saw a HK USP45. Since I had never held one, I figured, why not. It was all over from there.

Maybe next time I’ll get a 1911 but I couldn’t walk away from this one. Pretty sure it has never been shot or certainly not much. Off to the range tomorrow! 

Edited by Parrothead
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, TGO David said:

So you could say that you got stuck in the 1980's on your way back to 1911?  :)

Well. I’d like to think it was the mid 90’s but you pretty much nailed it. I’ve wanted one of these for a while. Scratches the large .45 itch if it shoots as well as many of the reviews indicate. 

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

I was REALLY wanting to go get a 1911. Posted on here and got great info (thank you), read online and was ready to go make it happen. 

Went to the gun store today. Someone was blocking the 1911 section so I looked at the used handguns while waiting. In the bottom corner of the case, I saw a HK USP45. Since I had never held one, I figured, why not. It was all over from there.

Maybe next time I’ll get a 1911 but I couldn’t walk away from this one. Pretty sure it has never been shot or certainly not much. Currently configured like a 1911- single action only with safety. Off to the range tomorrow! 

I'd been keeping a lookout for you in our area and even closer up your way but nothing I'd own for the price they listed it at. Glad to hear you brought something nice home anyway. Was it Mahoneys you go to up there ?

4 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I'd been keeping a lookout for you in our area and even closer up your way but nothing I'd own for the price they listed it at. Glad to hear you brought something nice home anyway. Was it Mahoneys you go to up there ?

I’ve traded there before but tend to hit Gun Rack or Gunslingers in Kingsport most of the time. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Just now, Parrothead said:

I’ve traded there before but tend to hit Gun Rack or Gunslingers in Kingsport most of the time. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Only one in your area I've tried to spend money at was Volunteer in Bristol ? I think its called Volunteer anyways. I've seen Gunslingers off the side of the interstate on my way north. Big azz tommy gun on the bldg I think lol

2 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Only one in your area I've tried to spend money at was Volunteer in Bristol ? I think its called Volunteer anyways. I've seen Gunslingers off the side of the interstate on my way north. Big azz tommy gun on the bldg I think lol

That is Gunrunners...

Indian Springs Armory is pretty decent. Not bought much there though. 

2 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

That is Gunrunners...

Indian Springs Armory is pretty decent. Not bought much there though. 

Thanks for the clarification. I've never had time to stop in and check out their used but not abused lineup but as early as I go through I'd imagine they aren't open anyway

47 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Thanks for the clarification. I've never had time to stop in and check out their used but not abused lineup but as early as I go through I'd imagine they aren't open anyway

Never been in there myself. I used to go into Sam's Gun & Pawn in Bristol TN a bunch a couple years ago with a buddy, but it is not close for for me anymore. Was not educated enough then to know if prices were right. 

I really need to get time to drop by places. I would love to run into a couple things. 

If you got out for less than 4 Franklins you SCORED BIG ! If not, you copped a FIND.. 80's pistols from W Germany were engineered by the most risk-avoiding folks on the planet. Straightforward Dumkopf-proof single-action pistols , viz.,the HAWES 357 mag revolver, etc. Hope you are happy, I am envious. Thanks for the Heads Up !

1 hour ago, SonnyCrockett said:

you went off course,you will regret not getting that 1911 which is the finest shooting pistol ever created by mankind  :)

Less than 10 years ago, I would have argued that point with you. lol

But times and minds change. It's now at least # 2 on my favorite to shoot list...maybe higher.

3 hours ago, SonnyCrockett said:

you went off course,you will regret not getting that 1911 which is the finest shooting pistol ever created by mankind  :)

I think I detect sarcasm. But, I figure If they’ve been making them this long, They probably won’t stop now haha

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 6:11 PM, Parrothead said:

Maybe next time I’ll get a 1911 but I couldn’t walk away from this one. Pretty sure it has never been shot or certainly not much. Off to the range tomorrow! 

Awesome which one did you get?  I carry a usp 45 compact and i also have a usp 45 tactical...i got threaded barrels for both to use with my AAC tirant 45m...oddly enough with the suppressor the compact shoots softer than the Tactical...the tactical might be ever so slightly more accurate.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, TripleGGG said:

I hate them too KahrMan. But since we are friends, I will sacrifice and take these off your hands. You know, to stop the hate. 

I see you have a matching pair at the end for the days it requires double fisted guns ablaze.  I like how you roll sir!

• Like 1