Anybody own a Sig P320 X5?

Fourtyfive

I’ve been thinking of getting one but I see the current one is being discontinued for a newer milled slide that will take a DPP, RMR instead of just the Sig Romeo. Are the reflex sights being made not a generic style mount? Can anyone out there verify this? The newer model will end with R2 in the model number from what I have read on-line. The older model has dropped to around $650 on-line and from what I see the newer one will be at $800’s. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to pay for the newer model.....

I had one but traded it shortly after picking it up. From what I remember it only took the Romeo, and no not all reflex sights use the same spacing/location of their mounting  screws. 

There might be someone who makes a plate to mount other brand optics to the X5 though.

• Like 1

The X-carry would be the choice if you are going to carry it at all. The X5 is a big gun. 

As far as co-witness goes I don't thing either  will, the rear sight is part of the plate that you take off to mount the optic...  I think, would need to research that one. 

23 hours ago, NickinTN said:

The X-carry would be the choice if you are going to carry it at all. The X5 is a big gun. 

As far as co-witness goes I don't thing either  will, the rear sight is part of the plate that you take off to mount the optic...  I think, would need to research that one. 

The notch in the back of the Romeo1 will cowitness with the front sight on the X series.

Edited by Fourtyfive
2 hours ago, NickinTN said:

I read your original post as you not wanting to use a Romeo. 

No, not wanting to be stuck with it as an only choice and wondering if paying more for the new model was worth it. Why did you dump your X5 so fast?

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • 3 weeks later...

You should be happy with that. I had the grip module already so I got the X-Carry upper from Sig before the guns dropped to $580. The upshot is I save a couple hundred and I love the idea of the new X-Compact so I'm going to pick one of those up.

Your timing is good, Sig has a great sale on the current Romeo1 @ $199. You should jump on that before they sellout. They had been selling out in hours but its still live as of the time of this post. Its a pretty decent RDS. The new versions will have a more durable top cover and extended batter life, but will be much more.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo1-1x30-mm-no-mount.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 11:38 PM, Erich said:

You should be happy with that. I had the grip module already so I got the X-Carry upper from Sig before the guns dropped to $580. The upshot is I save a couple hundred and I love the idea of the new X-Compact so I'm going to pick one of those up.

Your timing is good, Sig has a great sale on the current Romeo1 @ $199. You should jump on that before they sellout. They had been selling out in hours but its still live as of the time of this post. Its a pretty decent RDS. The new versions will have a more durable top cover and extended batter life, but will be much more.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo1-1x30-mm-no-mount.html

Thanks, got one, may get it mounted today.