Remember the evil white guy who shot the little black girl?

There's more to this story than is being told.  Supposedly, they made eye contact, and still made the wrong ID, I suspect they knew all along who it was.   

Sources told FOX26 the shooting may have been gang-related.

I'm guessing this was the reason for the false ID, either they knew the perps, or knew it was a gang and didn't want to snitch. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Turns out it was more fake news. I'm getting sick of crap like this.

It's possible that more than one person was involved in perpetrating this crime. (Say, a driver and a shooter. Maybe even one or more additional people along to ID the "target" and give the go-ahead.) So, likely or not, it's still possible that a white guy played some role.

I hope everyone who helped carry it out receives the harshest sentence they qualify for.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

David, if you find this post inappropriate or offensive, please remove it.

No, my angered reaction is just to the way these stories spread like wildfire, with little to no verification of the facts, because it's the narrative that the mainstream media wants to propagate.  I'm troubled by the society that my kids will be growing up in. 

• Like 14
  • Administrator
45 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

It's possible that more than one person was involved in perpetrating this crime. (Say, a driver and a shooter. Maybe even one or more additional people along to ID the "target" and give the go-ahead.) So, likely or not, it's still possible that a white guy played some role.

I hope everyone who helped carry it out receives the harshest sentence they qualify for.

I'll bet you a Coke that there was never a white dude inside the car.

• Like 5

I have that same thought as David and don't believe there was ever a white dude. They are either trying the throw the authorities in another direction or it is gang related and they are afraid to actually give them the names of the people doing the shooting. We will probably never know the real truth.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, TGO David said:

No, my angered reaction is just to the way these stories spread like wildfire, with little to no verification of the facts, because it's the narrative that the mainstream media wants to propagate.  I'm troubled by the society that my kids will be growing up in. 

I could not agree more.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I have that same thought as David and don't believe there was ever a white dude. They are either trying the throw the authorities in another direction or it is gang related and they are afraid to actually give them the names of the people doing the shooting. We will probably never know the real truth.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn she knew the shooter personally.

• Like 3

Sadly, I agree with you on both counts.

All we have to do is watch items from almost any shooting, or violence of any type; and someone will yell that a white man did it.  Whether true or not, it seems to me that we are so on the verge of a major incident. One that will ignite a ferocious, but short black/white conflict.

I say short because so many of both color seem to be just itching for an excuse to start shooting, and will find that the massive bloodshed could well be very one sided.

I DO NOT wish nor in any way condone any thing like this, but entirely too many supremacist and BLM groups have a lot of firepower and are wanting to use it on the other.

Just an opinion.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, hipower said:

Sadly, I agree with you on both counts.

All we have to do is watch items from almost any shooting, or violence of any type; and someone will yell that a white man did it.  Whether true or not, it seems to me that we are so on the verge of a major incident. One that will ignite a ferocious, but short black/white conflict.

I say short because so many of both color seem to be just itching for an excuse to start shooting, and will find that the massive bloodshed could well be very one sided.

I DO NOT wish nor in any way condone any thing like this, but entirely too many supremacist and BLM groups have a lot of firepower and are wanting to use it on the other.

Just an opinion.

I can’t dispute how you feel about this situation or your expectation of a huge racial conflict. I’ll just give my opinion. As mentioned before, everyone involved should be dealt with in the harshest manner according to the law. 

Secondly, I also believe that media is now committed to the business of making news, regardless the outcome. Bad outcomes are better for media. 

Finally, I just can’t buy into the race war. People are always doing something that someone believes is going to ignite the powder keg. As I’ve recently gotten away from massive amounts of social media I’m finding that anticipation of a race war is mostly internet driven. Most people are really walking around blissfully ignorant, and they like it that way.

At first it bothered me a lot( I still don’t like it), but it’s shown me that not everyone is arming themselves for Armageddon. 

Do I wish more people would pay attention to national and world events before they effect them, of course I do, but I also like the idea that not everyone is sitting at home soaking up negative and polarizing news while itching for a chance to kill fellow Americans just so they can say I told you it would happen. 

Good day!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

I'll bet you a Coke that there was never a white dude inside the car.

No way would I take that bet. I would honestly be surprised if they came up with any white folks involved in this crime. But, I try to let our criminal justice system work through its process before I decide who's who and what's what. Sometimes that's hard.

I also agree with LINKS2K that the media is in the business of news. While I'd like to think this was only a matter of them reporting what they were (truthfully or otherwise) told, I think there has become a greater desire on the part of the average news organization to be first rather than to be right. That's to our detriment, and completely aside from the exercises in axe grinding which so many media outlets on both ends of the political spectrum participate in these days.

Also, I don't think any kind of race war is imminent. There's a lot of friction in our society these days, but people in general are too attached to what they have to risk it, and it would require too much effort from too many people.

Which, I suppose, is a good thing in a way...

• Like 3

I see two possibilities:

1 Mis-identification.

2. The family knew exactly who the shooter was and threw the police off on purpose so it could settled privately. 

I'm betting on #2. 

The great race war has been coming since the 1950s. I've been hearing about it my whole life. Ain't happened yet. :shake:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

I can’t dispute how you feel about this situation or your expectation of a huge racial conflict. I’ll just give my opinion. As mentioned before, everyone involved should be dealt with in the harshest manner according to the law. 

Secondly, I also believe that media is now committed to the business of making news, regardless the outcome. Bad outcomes are better for media. 

Finally, I just can’t buy into the race war. People are always doing something that someone believes is going to ignite the powder keg. As I’ve recently gotten away from massive amounts of social media I’m finding that anticipation of a race war is mostly internet driven. Most people are really walking around blissfully ignorant, and they like it that way.

At first it bothered me a lot( I still don’t like it), but it’s shown me that not everyone is arming themselves for Armageddon. 

Do I wish more people would pay attention to national and world events before they effect them, of course I do, but I also like the idea that not everyone is sitting at home soaking up negative and polarizing news while itching for a chance to kill fellow Americans just so they can say I told you it would happen. 

Good day!

I surely hope you are right!

• Administrator
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

The media seems to have gone above and beyond to create a race war among us. They very well may succeed. It'll be hard to put that genie back in the bottle once it starts.

This is what worries me.  The media and a lot of people in government WANT us to be against each other.  They despise the vision that leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. had for a country united where "color blindness" could reign supreme.

My wife are working hard to ensure that our kids love people the way that Jesus loved people.  We want them to be indifferent to a person's physical appearances and to make decisions based on the character of people's hearts.

I dread the day when our kids encounter someone who doesn't look like them who tells them they hate them because they are white and because white people are guilty of "insert injustice here".  My kids aren't being raised to be apologists; they are just being raised to be decent.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

Good day!

I'm not in disagreement with your commentary. 

I'm not calling for, nor do I see a "race war." What I fear will happen is something on a city wide scale that will let both sides, and all people, the folly of all this "white guy/black guy" did the crime sort of mentality. The kind where citizenry storm the streets chanting for "justice" when all they want is revenge for whatever indignity or crime has been commited. 

Yes, I tend to be a bit pessimistic, but have you seen the people and the world today? 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

This is what worries me.  The media and a lot of people in government WANT us to be against each other.  They despise the vision that leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. had for a country united where "color blindness" could reign supreme.

My wife are working hard to ensure that our kids love people the way that Jesus loved people.  We want them to be indifferent to a person's physical appearances and to make decisions based on the character of people's hearts.

I dread the day when our kids encounter someone who doesn't look like them who tells them they hate them because they are white and because white people are guilty of "insert injustice here".  My kids aren't being raised to be apologists; they are just being raised to be decent.

Firstly, having met you David, and reading your posts, I have no doubt of your beliefs and your abilities in raising your children. And it seems that your head is on straight here.

Secondly, Media is a large, a very large part of the lack of knowledge by most people today. We've grown to/been conditioned to want instant news and analysis of events around us. I believe that started with my generation(born in the 50's grew up in the 60's). We had television as a babysitter many times as both parents began to work. Not blaming that on today's situation, but it was a symptom; a beginning of believing in tv and all it could do.

"Social Media" is a major component of today's issues. Near instantaneous new/information from all over the world. Sure, it let's you know what's happening where, and to whom. But it also gives it too quickly for most folks to digest, to think and see some truth to the many facets sometimes put to us. And as you said, today's media doesn't always "report" but more make the story as they see fit.

Thirdly, my take on the truly "social" media is that it's the worst thing to happen to this nation since Hillary and Bill. Facebook, twitter, and all those other ways to not communicate on a face to face basic human level have robbed the young, and some old folks of their senses. Talking face to face give you so much more than that little picture. Even though a picture is worth a thousand words, you have to know how to interpret that picture. How to put it into perspective with all around you. Not just "I saw it on twit or snap chump...it's God's truth."

Fourthly, when I saw you had posted immediately after my first post in this thread, the pessimistic and fatalistic one...I thought ok, I'm going to get called out by the Boss on borderline remarks and inciting commentary. 

Finally, I wish to apologize for 2 things. One the long post, and two, the almost coherent remarks. I tend to get wound up and not express what I want to say in a meaningful and understandable fashion.

4 hours ago, TomInMN said:

I would honestly be surprised if they came up with any white folks involved in this crime.

And I'm  surprised. I didn't think about the possibility that the guy that was described to the sketch artist might be a witness, and the victims just got his role in the shooting wrong.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/jazmine-barnes-shaun-king-tip/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

And I'm  surprised. I didn't think about the possibility that the guy that was described to the sketch artist might be a witness, and the victims just got his role in the shooting wrong.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/jazmine-barnes-shaun-king-tip/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Not buying that, according to them, they looked right in their eyes before they opened fire.  Seems they are trying to provide cover for them, which IMO makes it even worse.

38 minutes ago, Omega said:

Not buying that, according to them, they looked right in their eyes before they opened fire.  Seems they are trying to provide cover for them, which IMO makes it even worse.

According to police four independent witnesses described the white guy.   Add that to the whole eye witnesses are terribly unreliable thing and it seems incredibly plausible to me.  

• Like 1

I'm not at this point ready to say if the shooter was white, black, Red or any other color in a giant box of Crayons. I just want the shooter and anyone that was involved in the shooting brought to justice. There is no possible reason the death of a little 7 year old girl in a shooting can be justified and should not be.

I do believe that the people that suffered the loss of that little girl does know who the shooter is and they are wanting Vigilante justice and want to take care of the shooter and all included personally. That is why they are probably saying it was a white guy to throw the police investigation in another direction.

As far as a Race War. I don't see it happening because even though people talk tough in Social Media's like Face Book or Twitter it's easy to be tough wihile hiding behind a computer type device. I have several African American friends that have been my friends a very long time and they also believe as I do and we talk almost every day.

I can remember back to the day Barrack Obama got elected a few of my friends came over the next day to visit. I also remember one of the saying that last night our country and our progress we have made went backwards 50+ years. I asked why he thought that and he said it will embolden people of our race in powerful places to think they can now get more done and in many cases not for the good. 

They don't approve of BLM or the Black Panthers or any other militant group. They said they are no better than the KKK or any other group of trouble makers.

I hope we never see any type of race war big of small as there will be no winners but a lot of loosers............JMHO

13 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

According to police four independent witnesses described the white guy.   Add that to the whole eye witnesses are terribly unreliable thing and it seems incredibly plausible to me.  

It's always a possibility of course, but still, something stinks.  Now that they know who the shooter and accomplices are, hope they prosecute to the fullest. 

After getting a look at the shooter and a few of his accomplices How could anyone say the shooter was even close to white unless they were trying to sway the police in another direction. I just hope they put these guys in jail for ever and ever for killing that little girl...........😡

• Like 3