PSA about PSA

To those of us who are relatively new to the shooting sports, as well as those of us who have short memories, Palmetto State Armory continues to send emails full of crazy cheap deals and free shipping on various parts, firearms, and ammunition. Those of us who have been at this a while can attest that this will not always be the case.

My advice to you is to buy it cheap and stack it deep while the good times last.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Wish I could afford to take more advantage of those emails. There have been some really good deals lately. I've been sorely tempted by a lot of them. The complete rifle and pistol build kits only missing the stripped lower has been the hardest for me to resist. 

There have also been some really good pistol, and a few rifle, buys from distributors. That's where my funds went.

1 hour ago, hipower said:

Wish I could afford to take more advantage of those emails. There have been some really good deals lately. I've been sorely tempted by a lot of them. The complete rifle and pistol build kits only missing the stripped lower has been the hardest for me to resist. 

There have also been some really good pistol, and a few rifle, buys from distributors. That's where my funds went.

So which distributors have you been buying from?

Can't tell you...a secret just for me. lol

Primary Arms and Classic Firearms have been tempting me the last few weeks. GrabaGun also is in the running for my cash. Have dealt with all 3 in the past and had good products and service. 

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I gonna need a bigger boat....

I24JHfY.jpg

I actually passed by their location one day on a trip.....The wife did not appreciate my suggestion to stop and browse.

OH MY!! A trip to a PSA store? That would be heaven!

Sorry about your boat. That must have really hurt.

I've been into the PSA locations in Columbia and Greenville SC.
You'll be in for a big disappointment if you were to go in expecting to see everything that's on their website.
The Greenville store was actually nicer than the Columbia location.

I've been into JoeBob'sOutfitters retail location in Hayes Kansas as well.
My LGS is larger than their storefront. (And that ain't saying much)
ETA: I bought a Tshirt! 😁

Edited by DL126
12 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I actually passed by their location one day on a trip.....The wife did not appreciate my suggestion to stop and browse.

I did stop and browse in the Columbia location a few years ago.  Nice enough and a big place for sure, I was sorely tempted to spend a lot of money. Good thing I was broke after a week at the beach.  

15 hours ago, gregintenn said:

My advice to you is to buy it cheap and stack it deep while the good times last.

I work with a couple young guys, 21. They are buying suppressors and SBR's at the moment. I keep warning them they need to stack cheap AR's while they can. I've told them the glory days of AK's and SKS's and how I was young and never thought about buying a whole bunch of them while they were cheap, kick my self all the time for that. The time will come where the AR is going to be expensive again, I hope you have a bunch squirreled away. I just added one of the PSA CHF 14.7 Uppers to my collection and finished that out with a  lower Saturday night. I plan on adding a bunch more this year while I can.

• Like 1

I just wish PSA would make some complete uppers with a 1-9 twist barrel, I just like the 1-9 better than a 1-7 . I have both. 

I have a AR Stoner upper with a 1-9 barrel , if you read the reviews on it they are not very good. Mine is accurate and functions fine.

Edited by jeff43

I bought several stripped lowers a while back. I keep looking at buying some kits from 22mods4all.com to complete them. 

You can buy a kit for as low as $209 w/o a BCG. Add a BCG for $69. That is everything besides the stripped lower. Also they are not A2 style and have beyond or mood I handguards.

Of course, some of the deals that bring the complete kits into the $350 range might make building it seem more trouble than it is worth. 

10 hours ago, DL126 said:

I've been into the PSA locations in Columbia and Greenville SC.
You'll be in for a big disappointment if you were to go in expecting to see everything that's on their website.
The Greenville store was actually nicer than the Columbia location.

I've been into JoeBob'sOutfitters retail location in Hayes Kansas as well.
My LGS is larger than their storefront. (And that ain't saying much)
ETA: I bought a Tshirt! 😁

In today's day and age, the internet presence can and does outweigh the storefront.

18 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Of course, some of the deals that bring the complete kits into the $350 range might make building it seem more trouble than it is worth. 

I believe it was a Rural King email, but I saw an ad for an M&P-15 Sport for $379. Wow. 

6 minutes ago, peejman said:

I believe it was a Rural King email, but I saw an ad for an M&P-15 Sport for $379. Wow. 

Black Friday before last someone did a $250 AR15...

If I can get a factory gun that cheap, why bother building? I am not big into all the specialized name brand parts. Plus resale is easier and higher on a factory gun. 

I saw 22mods has a complete rifle on sale for $399

https://22mods4all.com/collections/complete-firearms/products/zaviar-16-mid-length-223-wylde-1-9-parkerized-lightweight-ar15

Of course you have to factor in transfer fees. 

• Like 1