Sign in to follow this  
NickinTN

for-sale S&W Model 19 like new, 6" barrel target sights - Price drop

I've got a super nice Model 19 -5 that is like new. I can't say for certain that it has never been fired but if it has it wasn't often.  Come in the original box, including paperwork and cleaning kit. Still has the inspection sticker on the butt of the grip. I would rate it as 9.5/10 with only faint marks on the cylinder where it has been rotated.  Did some brief research and it seems like this model variant was made beginning in 1982. 

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll do the best I can to answer them 

Not really looking for trades unless you think you have an offer I just can't refuse. 

$900 $800

mod198.jpg

mod196.jpg

mod197.jpg

mod19.jpg

mod2.jpg

mod3.jpg

mod194.jpg

mod195.jpg

Edited by NickinTN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hipower said:

I think that referred to the wider trigger, hammer, and adjustable sights. Could be wrong, but that's what I've always understood.

That's the full target model HP. Nicks has 2 of the 4 features. 

1 hour ago, hipower said:

I think that referred to the wider trigger, hammer, and adjustable sights. Could be wrong, but that's what I've always understood.

Smith collectors have always referred to the "three Ts" as target stocks, target trigger, target hammer. Regardless of the "Ts" or not, all model 19s are referred to as Combat Magnums. The reason is that Bill Jordan (famous Texas Ranger, not the camo inventor guy) convinced S&W to chamber their K-frame Mod 15 .38 in .357, hence, the 19 was born. He received the first one. I've got the book on Jordan, interesting read. Here's from Wiki on the 19. "Jordan also collaborated with Walter Roper in the design of wooden grips intended for heavy-calibre double-action revolvers, which are now made by Herrett's Stocks as the "Jordan Trooper". Jordan always favored a double-action revolver for law enforcement duties. He was largely responsible for convincing Smith & Wesson to adapt its medium K-frame series revolver to accommodate the .357 Magnum cartridge, resulting in the (S&W Model 19 and S&W Model 66) "Combat Magnum".[

Edited by 221 Fireball
  • Like 3

Dug into some of my S&W info and edited above. :) 

target trigger - wide with serrations, target hammer - also wider, target stocks - those nice Smith grips, not the skinny "coke-bottle" looking ones

The sights are not considered a T because they are all the same, regarding which model you refer to. Fixed sights, like model 10, 13, 36 and 581 and adjustable, like model 15, 19, 27, 586. You can get different inserts like white border for the rear, different gap width, so on.

Now that we got the Smith history lesson for the day straight, someone needs to snatch this one up. Hard to find them that pristine!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 221 Fireball said:

target trigger - wide with serrations, target hammer - also wider, target stocks - those nice Smith grips, not the skinny "coke-bottle" looking ones

The sights are not considered a T because they are all the same, regarding which model you refer to. Fixed sights, like model 10, 13, 36 and 581 and adjustable, like model 15, 19, 27, 586. You can get different inserts like white border for the rear, different gap width, so on.

Now that we got the Smith history lesson for the day straight, someone needs to snatch this one up. Hard to find them that pristine!

Dang! I'm getting senile. Forgetting the "target" stocks??? How could I do that? It's my favorite grip on any Smith revolver.

I really can't believe I missed that this morning.

Edited by hipower

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, Ronald_55 said:

:drool: My Papaw carried a 2.5 inch 19-4 in Nickle as his service gun as a deputy.

I found a blued version of the 2.5 Model 19 some years back. It has T-grips that I've really come to love. Excellent condition pistol. I found a retiring police officer that put it up for sale.

I couldn't call and drive fast enough to get to him. Wifey thought I was crazy. lol

There is some speculation that she might be right.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:48 AM, 221 Fireball said:

Checked just to be sure and this one does have the serrated trigger 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:48 AM, 221 Fireball said:

According to the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, sights on the Model 19 are not "all the same."  The first models, available with a 4" barrel only, had a 1/8" Baughman Quick Draw plain ramp base front sight. Models with a 6" barrel had a Patridge front sight with a .400 target trigger, .265" service trigger, .375 semi or .500" full target trigger, target stocks and later versions with the red ramp front sight.

The front sight on the Mod. 19 listed for sale is a Patridge front sight.