Ladies always be aware, it can happen anywhere

Guest Rando

There was a high school teacher attacked outside her home well out in the country, she was armed but by the time she realized what was going on they ( there was two of them) were already on her. She did try to get her gun out on them but they took her gun tied her up and beat her pretty bad. They took her gun and her car and are still as far as I know on the loose. This happened in the north east part of Cocke County there was a robbery just down the road from this and they are searching for a couple of suspects as they think they know who did it and used her car for there get away. I try to tell my wife to always be aware and on guard 24/7 but it is always that cant happen here, you think she thought the same just outside her front door! I would rather here they had to carry the bad guy away rather than the victim.

Be safe and keep it close and ready:up:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I hadn't heard that yet and I live in Cocke co. too. The really bad part is that she had a gun on her but didn't get to use it. You just never know when or where trouble will strike. That's why I carry at home too. We definitely need to be prepared for the worst at all times and in all places.

Guest shadow12

Crime in Cocke county? You have to be kidding, since the TBI and FBI took over the sherriffs dept, I figured all was well.

Don't kill me ya'll just kidding, my wife is a native of Parrottsville. And she has learned by living here in the metropolis of Oak Ridge that crime is everywhere.

Stay safe and carry always

I hate Oak Ridge at night. People go walking through the parking lot at the rush looking in car windows all the time. One "thug" actually ran out in the middle of the road one night (2am) when my husband and I were leaving the gym. He was walking on the sidewalk, and just ran out in the road in front of us. He had his hands in his zip-up hoodie pockets and held them out to the side like he was trying to look like batman. My husband nailed the gas pedal, and the guy just ran over to the sidewalk, and continued walking like nothing had happened. Some tough thug. :screwy: I couldn't imagine that anybody would actually stop for something that silly.