Springfield "re-Introducing" the old XD series for $339 MSRP

tercel89

Looks like S.A. is "reintroducing" the old Gen 1 XD series by selling them for $339 MSRP by deleting the extras and just having one magazine. They call it the Defender series. This may give the Ruger Security 9 folks some competition.  Palmetto State Armory has them for sale for $299 now . Pretty neat I think. The XD platform is well tested and proven. I'd buy an XD any day over a brand new design like the Security 9 or any other new design that hasn't been proven yet.

Edited by tercel89

I had an early XD 45 a long time ago. That thing felt like it was a tank and never had a hiccup. I always was fond of the XD series despite abandoning it. If it didn't have the grip safety I think it would be a little more popular.  $299 is a sweet deal for a solid gun. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 1fast4by said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the old XD pistols. For $300 that might be the best "deal" going for someone looking to get some extra protection or ad a caliber to their collection. Good for them.

+

EXACTLY ! Very well said and true . My son will be 21 in March and I gave him a Glock 17 for his 18th birthday but this could be his first purchase all on his own with his own money with him doing the paperwork if he is smart. He reads this forum so I wont say what I am getting him for his 21st birthday , LOL .

Edited by tercel89
5 hours ago, cch2a said:

I had an early XD 45 a long time ago. That thing felt like it was a tank and never had a hiccup. I always was fond of the XD series despite abandoning it. If it didn't have the grip safety I think it would be a little more popular.  $299 is a sweet deal for a solid gun. 

Don't exactly remember when I bought my first XD. I do know it was my first "plastic" gun. I bought it even before my first G19. I still have the XD, with a CT pistol grip laser wrap that I bought at the same time. It's sort of chunky with the laser grip, but shoots very well.

Wish I still had that first Glock. 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:58 AM, 1gewehr said:

My wife has the original HS2000 that was re-badged as the XD.  It's had a lot of cheap ammo go through it, and never missed a beat.

No idea of the round count.  I doubt it's as high as my 60000 round CZ75b.  But certainly over 20000.

Hey , if you don't mind could you post a picture of the HS2000 ? So neat to see them without the XD and S.A.  logo on them.  I remember when they came out and I was at a gunshow off I-24 near the Hickory Hollow exit. Maybe around year 2000. It was some kind of event center which is now an 18 wheeler dealer ship I think. The Hs2000's were like around $275 . I was looking at them and thought about buying one but was not sure about them since it was so cheap. I sure wish I had gotten one now.

I have an XDs in .45acp that I love.   Don't these only have 1 mag though?  So you'd have to buy a couple of extra mags at $20 or $30 a pop.  That puts them back price wise in the same ball park as the XD Mod 2.  Buds has the stainless version of the XD Mod 2 Service Model for $352.

4 minutes ago, 1gewehr said:

My XDs came with three mags and a holster.  That was a while back.  I don't know what they come with now.

I'll have to ask my wife where her HS2000 is.  Her guns and shoes migrate around the house.  😉

I traded a S&W M&P Compact .45ACP for my XDs.  It came with 3 five round mags and 2 seven round mags, the holster and mag holder, a hard case and a soft case. You can still get the packages from SA, but these new Model 1s jsut come with one mag, in a cardboard box, so they can lower the price on the pistol.  

Ruger does the samething with their pistols.  Personally, I hate a pistol not coming with at least a second mag.

• Like 1