Senators Introduce New (2019) Assault Weapons Ban

Every notice that so called progun politicians always say we can't try and pass progun legislation because we don't have the votes, but every session anti-gun legislation is presented if it has votes or not? How can they claim to be pro-gun if they aren't doing something about it?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Photoguy67 said:

Every notice that so called progun politicians always say we can't try and pass progun legislation because we don't have the votes, but every session anti-gun legislation is presented if it has votes or not? How can they claim to be pro-gun if they aren't doing something about it?

That's because the pro-gun folks are realists and don't believe in wasting time.  On the other side, they get to do two things.  The first is appease their voters and the second is that they get to blame the other side for anything bad that happens with a gun and it earns them a little more support every election cycle.  

Ya'll do know the difference in a Democrat and a Republican? 0, absolutely nothing. They are politicians, if their lips are moving, really good chance they are lying. The liberal left and the "conservative right" yeah right. The republicans have done absolutely nothing to make good laws. Oh you do know that if they make a law all the criminals will automatically obey them. Just like they are now obeying all the gun laws and such on the books. Even the illegal aliens are obeying the law and are not crossing the border illegally. I was thinking today that Pelosi and Schumer would have been tarred & feathered then hung for treasonist acts against the U.S.A. But that was back when the PEOPLE actually did run the country. Sorry for the long rant guys. Fed up with the whole flippin lot of them. My chickens are more valuable than the politicians, they give me eggs, cluck at me when they see me coming and they give me valuable fertilizer for my garden. 

• Like 3

This right here scares the living daylights out of me.  For those that think that this has little chance of winning this cycle, I say wake up!  Look at the Republicans that are already supporting it.  Then look at the Republicans that are pushing other gun-control laws like the Red Flag garbage.  Something like this has a huge chance of getting past both the Congress and Senate.  Who knows once it makes it through there and through the committees how much more will actually be added to the bill.  As it stands, when I last looked at it, we would at least still be grandfathered in with most of our firearms but who is to say that will be the case if/when a bill such as this hits Trumps desk.

As for Trump, he is a businessman first and foremost.  He has shown that he will side with whoever he needs to to close a business deal, no matter what the outcome as long as his goals are met.  For business this is fine but not as my president.  As someone already pointed out, I have little doubt, if given the opportunity, Trump would sign this bill in a heartbeat to get the wall and border funding.

Any pro 2nd amendment, heck any constitution loving american period, that isn't scared to death right now needs to get a reality check and open their eyes.  I truly hope that I am wrong but I just don't see it any other way.

EDIT: After looking at the link provided, unless I am missing something, no Republicans are on record supporting this particular bill as of yet.  My point still remains however.

Edited by tnvarmint