Looking for .22 pistol/rifle competition

Hi all, looking for .22 competition within 1,000 miles of here. LOL Seriously I have looked and looked on the net and I can't find anything. There is a rimfire add on to USPSA steel challenge at Dead Zero but looking for a true all rimfire competition. Not particularly interested in benchrest. Thanks Mac

Aim Small Hit Small isn't for Rimfire, but David White was running a rimfire tactical match as well last I knew.  

If you ever decide you want to give Rimfire BR a try, let me know.  I can provide you as much info as you want about BR matches all around the Southeast.  I go to matches from NC to OK.

Edited by Hozzie
  • 1 month later...

smallbore rifle silhouette and smallbore lever action rifle silhouette matches in brock's gap in hoover alabama, river bend gun glub in georgia and chatuga gun club in hiawassee georgia.   they got you covered for three weekend a month.   good matches at all three clubs.    brocks' gap and chatuga also has pistol cartridge lever action silhouette.   chatuga is starting smallbore hunter pistol and hunter pistol silhouette matches in april.  so there are many matches to be found.   

On 1/11/2019 at 7:56 AM, Dirtshooter said:

Hi all, looking for .22 competition within 1,000 miles of here. LOL Seriously I have looked and looked on the net and I can't find anything. There is a rimfire add on to USPSA steel challenge at Dead Zero but looking for a true all rimfire competition. Not particularly interested in benchrest. Thanks Mac

Have you been to a Steel Challenge match lately?  The ones here are 90% rimfire...

• 2 years later...
Guest Xoom219
On 1/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, et45 said:

Montlake has a monthly 22 Steel match.Details are on their Facebook page.

I shoot Rimfire Falling Steel at montlake and it’s awesome. Much more exciting that the regular steel challenge imo. 

Does the Oak Ridge range still host some rimfire matches? Seems like they used to do steel plate rimfire before the Great Rimfire Ammo Shortage hit?

With the price of ammo being what it is these days, rimfire shooting is a darn good option.

Edited by bobsguns

The Oak Ridge range has 22 RFBR matches on a limited basis, ARA/PS150 and maybe ABRA.  They do have the NRL or whatever it is called, RF rifles shooting steel at various distances, moving/shooting from barricades, prone, etc.  IF interested in BR RF matches ARA/PS150/ABRA then contact look here:

https://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/club/view/469

Not aware of any RF pistol matches, but if you want to shoot a RF pistol in ARA/PS150/ABRA matches, Contact Benji at the above link.  One or two shooters from GA come up and have a custom 22LR BR pistol, 16 or 18" barrel, and competitive with it.  This is NOT an off the shelf pistol by any means of the imagination.