Fed. Income taxes

xsubsailor

On 2/23/2019 at 9:05 PM, RED333 said:

I am not the smartest boy in class, just smarter than the average bear. Never did under stand "wanting a refund". Even as a young adult I tried to keep the amount as close to 0 as possible, as an older butt head I find myself taking advantage of .gov when I can.

I don't "want" a refund.  I'd prefer to keep it close to zero.   But I also know my situation and it is SMARTER for me at this time to get a refund rather than to put myself in a situation where I could possibly owe ANOTHER bill.  

1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

I don't "want" a refund.  I'd prefer to keep it close to zero.   But I also know my situation and it is SMARTER for me at this time to get a refund rather than to put myself in a situation where I could possibly owe ANOTHER bill.  

Especially that bill. Nothing nice or forgiving about the IRS once you have been assessed. They don't mind hurting you. In fact, some of them kinda enjoy it.

51 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Rule of thumb, if it's "free" for you to use, you (more specifically, your data) is the product being used by the company, sold to someone else to make their margins, or both.

You are correct, and that information doesn't seem to be readily available. I have used it for years and have yet to figure out how they m ake money on me.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, glock55 said:

Have been doing some preliminary looking into Medicare and such but didn’t realize how much is involved. Am thinking I may need a financial advisor to guide me through all this. 

I just met with a Medicare Benefits Consultant yesterday. She helped wade through it all. My financial advisor gave me her name and info. If you want it I’ll PM it to you; she is in your area.

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty cool.

Income dropped $6k from 17 to 18

Tax burden dropped $6k from 17 to 18

Will someone please explain why I should work harder to make up the income this year.

And, how many tax payers are making payments on previous years, how much credit card debt reflects taxes due.

Seems the actual tax collection is the Ponzi scheme.

Paid $1100 this year, so pretty good on payroll deduction.

Edited by A.J. Holst