French cops going to use assault rifles and live rounds now.

Just saw on the news that French riot police now using semiautomatic weapons "assault weapons per U.S. definition". Kind of funny that they are going from tear gas and pepper spray to H&K G36 with live rounds. I guess they missed the rubber bullets or bean bag guns. They are using them against the unarmed yellow vest protesters which mostly are not violent. Maybe reason homeland security and IRS got all that ammo??

We should learn from what’s going on there; and they should learn from what happened at Kent State here. Yes, Americans have shot and killed innocent people at protests.

Generally today you have both lethal and “less lethal” designated Officers.

This is why they call it “less lethal” instead of “Non-lethal”.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6593807/Shocking-video-shows-fireman-Yellow-Vest-protestor-shot-head-French-police.html

Olivier Beziade, a firefighter,  father-of-three in his 30s...........................joined France's Yellow Vest protest movement is in a coma after being shot in the head 'like a rabbit' by a police officer using a controversial flash ball gun.....travelled into Bordeaux on Saturday from their home in nearby Bazas for an 'Act 9' Day of Rage against the government............

Not endorsing .gov response in this situation BUT......

If I'm Olivier, firefighter, father of 3, do I really need to be getting involved in a Day of Rage???????

But then, I AM 30....

6 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

If I'm Olivier, firefighter, father of 3, do I really need to be getting involved in a Day of Rage???????

But then, I AM 30....

Yes actually, if you are Oliver and feel that strongly about it then you should.  Oliver has more at stake than young, single people.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

But then, I AM 30....

Seeing someone willing to stand up and take to the streets is a good thing.  For as much as we make fun of the French, they still have passions about how far their government is willing to push them on some issues, and I'm of a mind that think we need some more of that here, minus the anarchy.  The yellow vest protesters are doing more than rage posting on social media, and that's to be applauded.  Let's just hope the "national razor" as I've heard it called isn't needed.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Yes actually, if you are Oliver and feel that strongly about it then you should.  Oliver has more at stake than young, single people.

The protesters have called for lower fuel taxes, reintroduction of the solidarity tax on wealth, a minimum wage increase, the implementation of Citizens' initiative referendums.........

Yeah, wtf was I thinking.......

47 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

The protesters have called for lower fuel taxes, reintroduction of the solidarity tax on wealth, a minimum wage increase, the implementation of Citizens' initiative referendums.........

Yeah, wtf was I thinking.......

And Macron backed off on the increased fuel taxes that started this whole thing. 

I’m not going to pretend to understand whatever else they’re bitching about but maybe the people of France are tired of being serfs to the government.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Garufa said:

And Macron backed off on the increased fuel taxes that started this whole thing. 

I’m not going to pretend to understand whatever else they’re bitching about but maybe the people of France are tired of being serfs to the government.

Serfdom is the underpinning of the entire world system of government/economy/banking/societal structure.....It just comes in different disguises....

You said earlier that Oliver has much more at stake than young, single people, and you are right. All the more reason for Oliver to stay at home and let the young, single people with nothing to lose take the bullet.

I think that is the reason we send 18 year olds to fight wars for us.....

Eighteen year old males are full of piss and vinegar as my Father used to say, old guys not so much. If we sent only old people to fight wars they would be very short, because most of us are only able to talk about what needs to be done instead of actually doing it.

I say take a good look at what is going on in France because as mentioned the killing of Students at Kent University is no different then what they must be planning in France. Live bullets killing unarmed civilians does has a tendency to stop protests in unarmed civilian countries especially. They did say that in the Kent shooting the rifles were not suppose to be loaded. Those days are gone folks. Today those same students would be looked at as Domestic Terrorists and so are protestor/Supporters of the 2nd Amendment ! You can find a lot of new information if you research the shooting at Kent State 40+ years ago.  

1 hour ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Seems like a fairly simple modification with the right power tools.

mini-1.jpg?resize=800,533

It also has a flat, shotgun style buttplate instead of the signature curved Ruger plate, so the butt would have to be reshaped as well; likely resulting in a stock that is too short. It would be cool if Ruger would make a run of these stocks for the American market. I bet they's sell pretty well.