TFA, Awareness of Bill Lee

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

If you're carrying without a permit, you're committing a crime.   Don't be stupid.

Agreed, don't be stupid. You can disagree with laws all you want but to get charged with a crime can destroy your life. 

Be legal, then get involved and be a catalyst to change. 

• Like 2
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, TripleGGG said:

Agreed, don't be stupid. You can disagree with laws all you want but to get charged with a crime can destroy your life. 

Yep.  And I'll add, that not only can that crime destroy your life but it is damning to the rest of us who carry legally and are trying to be advocates for responsible gun ownership.

I'll just say this:

Maybe I misinterpreted what the guy was saying.  Maybe he's not carrying illegally.  BUT, if he is, he needs to cut that out and get his permit or stop posting on TGO.  We don't need saboteurs within.

• Like 1

I'm confident the NRA is working with legislators to get bills introduced.  As far as I know, the GOA has no staff working on anything at the state level.  They do file some helpful lawsuits, though.  I don't have a good sense of exactly what the TFA is doing as far as lobbying goes.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TripleGGG said:

15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Yep.  And I'll add, that not only can that crime destroy your life but it is damning to the rest of us who carry legally and are trying to be advocates for responsible gun ownership.

I'll just say this:

Maybe I misinterpreted what the guy was saying.  Maybe he's not carrying illegally.  BUT, if he is, he needs to cut that out and get his permit or stop posting on TGO.  We don't need saboteurs within.

To add to this, I’m an anarchist. I reject the idea of government being a legitimate entity on principle, and yet I went and got a lifetime permit because I understand the reality of the world we live in. There’s a difference between acting on principle and acting on pride. It’s best not to get them confused. 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I thought perhaps someone acquainted with him could lean on him to push some pro gun legislation?

From what I know of his character, I don't think it would be likely that the desires of friends will carry any more weight than the desires of his constituents.  He seems like a straight shooter in that sense.

What types of pro gun legislation would you like to see him support?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

From what I know of his character, I don't think it would be likely that the desires of friends will carry any more weight than the desires of his constituents.  He seems like a straight shooter in that sense.

What types of pro gun legislation would you like to see him support?

Nothing in particular. I'm sure many here would have suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
48 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Nothing in particular. I'm sure many here would have suggestions.

I hope folks will list them out.  It would be an interesting exercise to attempt getting on his calendar to discuss 2A issues.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I hope folks will list them out.  It would be an interesting exercise to attempt getting on his calendar to discuss 2A issues.

I imagine the list might start something like this:

1) Constitutional carry

2) No permits or reduced (or no) fees and requirement to obtain one.

3) The ability to carry wherever.   No posting of private businesses/government offices.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

I'd like to see very clean bills for handgun carry permits that get rid of the no gun sign weapons crime and also weapons crime for carrying at K-12 schools and colleges.

Mississippi enhanced concealed licensees take the same training that people in Tennessee take and can carry in K-12 schools and colleges.  They also do not have to worry about getting a weapons charge over a 'no gun' sign.  Why can't our handgun carry permit here do the same for us?  I think that is very fair to ask considering we are required to have training.

Pretty much all the states surrounding Tennessee are legal as far as college carry and some are legal for K-12 carry with a license.