Jump to content
walthermitty

TFA, Awareness of Bill Lee

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

If you're carrying without a permit, you're committing a crime.   Don't be stupid.

Agreed, don't be stupid. You can disagree with laws all you want but to get charged with a crime can destroy your life. 

Be legal, then get involved and be a catalyst to change. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TripleGGG said:

Agreed, don't be stupid. You can disagree with laws all you want but to get charged with a crime can destroy your life. 

Be legal, then get involved and be a catalyst to change. 

Yep.  And I'll add, that not only can that crime destroy your life but it is damning to the rest of us who carry legally and are trying to be advocates for responsible gun ownership.

I'll just say this:

Maybe I misinterpreted what the guy was saying.  Maybe he's not carrying illegally.  BUT, if he is, he needs to cut that out and get his permit or stop posting on TGO.  We don't need saboteurs within.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confident the NRA is working with legislators to get bills introduced.  As far as I know, the GOA has no staff working on anything at the state level.  They do file some helpful lawsuits, though.  I don't have a good sense of exactly what the TFA is doing as far as lobbying goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TripleGGG said:

Agreed, don't be stupid. You can disagree with laws all you want but to get charged with a crime can destroy your life. 

Be legal, then get involved and be a catalyst to change. 

 

15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Yep.  And I'll add, that not only can that crime destroy your life but it is damning to the rest of us who carry legally and are trying to be advocates for responsible gun ownership.

I'll just say this:

Maybe I misinterpreted what the guy was saying.  Maybe he's not carrying illegally.  BUT, if he is, he needs to cut that out and get his permit or stop posting on TGO.  We don't need saboteurs within.

 

To add to this, I’m an anarchist. I reject the idea of government being a legitimate entity on principle, and yet I went and got a lifetime permit because I understand the reality of the world we live in. There’s a difference between acting on principle and acting on pride. It’s best not to get them confused. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whisper said:

I'm confident the NRA is working with legislators to get bills introduced.  

Those wouldn't happen to be antigun bills would they?  Because that wouldn't surprise me.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone on this forum know Mr. Lee personally? I know we have several members who live down that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Does anyone on this forum know Mr. Lee personally? I know we have several members who live down that way.

I know people who do.  What's up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I know people who do.  What's up?

I thought perhaps someone acquainted with him could lean on him to push some pro gun legislation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I thought perhaps someone acquainted with him could lean on him to push some pro gun legislation?

From what I know of his character, I don't think it would be likely that the desires of friends will carry any more weight than the desires of his constituents.  He seems like a straight shooter in that sense.

What types of pro gun legislation would you like to see him support?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

From what I know of his character, I don't think it would be likely that the desires of friends will carry any more weight than the desires of his constituents.  He seems like a straight shooter in that sense.

What types of pro gun legislation would you like to see him support?

 

Nothing in particular. I'm sure many here would have suggestions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Nothing in particular. I'm sure many here would have suggestions.

I hope folks will list them out.  It would be an interesting exercise to attempt getting on his calendar to discuss 2A issues.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I hope folks will list them out.  It would be an interesting exercise to attempt getting on his calendar to discuss 2A issues.

I imagine the list might start something like this:

1) Constitutional carry

2) No permits or reduced (or no) fees and requirement to obtain one.

3) The ability to carry wherever.   No posting of private businesses/government offices.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see very clean bills for handgun carry permits that get rid of the no gun sign weapons crime and also weapons crime for carrying at K-12 schools and colleges.

Mississippi enhanced concealed licensees take the same training that people in Tennessee take and can carry in K-12 schools and colleges.  They also do not have to worry about getting a weapons charge over a 'no gun' sign.  Why can't our handgun carry permit here do the same for us?  I think that is very fair to ask considering we are required to have training.

Pretty much all the states surrounding Tennessee are legal as far as college carry and some are legal for K-12 carry with a license.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines