TAURUS TX22

PAULSHOOT

I know many hate TAURUS. I聽know many (or some)聽like Taurus.

And, some don't know what to think. 馃ぃ

I don't know what to think, am not sure myself.聽 My Spectrum 380 bought in Dec 2018 experience is bad (gun sent in for fail to fire from the first 50 rounds or so I shot thru it - many fail to fire on first trigger pull), then聽my Millennium G2聽聽9MM experience bought in 2016 is good (maybe near 1000 rounds thru it been very reliable -- trigger is not the best, but get use to it). 聽

This TX22 (I think new for them, it's news to me) sure sounds good. Be nice if it works and is priced (low) as their other guns are.聽聽

https://taurustx22.com/聽 聽

Edited by PAULSHOOT
correct errors in typing and sentance.

Pretty sure web site says comes with two MAGS and an adapter for the barrel (so you can add commentator (compensator) or suppressor if you are licensed for a suppressor).

Commentator (compensator) would be mostly for looks (can't think needed for a 22LR recoil).

Based on their pricing and what you can buy some of their other guns for -- I would say if they price it at $300, probably buy for $200 or less (Hope If Was Interested).

Like MFG in USA,聽sometimes that is good and sometimes not, but keeps people in USA working.

Edited by PAULSHOOT
add MFG in USA
1 hour ago, PAULSHOOT said:

Pretty sure web site says comes with two MAGS and an adapter for the barrel (so you can add commentator or suppressor if you are licensed for a suppressor).

Commentator would be mostly for looks (can't think needed for a 22LR recoil).

Based on their pricing and what you can buy some of their other guns for -- I would say if they price it at $300, probably buy for $200 or less (Hope If Was Interested).

Like MFG in USA,聽sometimes that is good and sometimes not, but keeps people in USA working.

Don't think I want a commentator tagging along on my pistol. lol Sorry I just had to correct it. No offense meant.

A compensator maybe, but even he would be unnecessary on a 22.

Edited by hipower
8 hours ago, hipower said:

Don't think I want a commentator tagging along on my pistol. lol Sorry I just had to correct it. No offense meant.

A compensator maybe, but even he would be unnecessary on a 22.

LOL聽 I'm with you on that one.

DANG I see I did it twice.聽 馃槾聽Blame it on old age,聽can't think of anything else to blame it on. 聽

3 hours ago, PAULSHOOT said:

LOL聽 I'm with you on that one.

DANG I see I did it twice.聽 馃槾聽Blame it on old age,聽can't think of anything else to blame it on. 聽

You will never, if I can help it, see my gaffs. I hide them pretty well; I try and proofread everything I post. Mainly because I tend to type my first thought. And after I see it on paper, I have to redo it.

If I didn't do this, I'd have been kicked out long ago. Even at that, I've gotten some interesting pm messages with veiled warnings.聽 So I try not to speak aloud. My mouth goes straight into Hot headed and Stupid mode sometimes.

I saw one of the local gun dealers today, and was told that since I'd bought a couple of Shields, I probably wouldn't like the new Glocks, the 43x and the 48. I've dealt with him for a while, and he knows my preferences. We shall see how well he knows me.

Also asked if he knew anything about the TX22. He said he'd not heard anything on it yet.

Understand --- my wife says I talk to much.聽I disagree as compared to hearing her on phone with friends LOL).

About all that is available on TX22 seems to be Hype from Non-Users (U-Tube) included. That Hype sounds good for what it is worth.

Here is another.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/1/18/the-keefe-report-the-new-taurus-tx22-and-what-it-means/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0119聽聽

I buy cheap (I like to say Low Priced) guns for the most part (sometimes that works and sometimes not). So, it would depend a lot on the price cause I don't need another 22. However, want sometimes over rides a need. YEP.聽

Deviate from topic -- I like the feel of the GSG Firefly. I聽have seen them at $169 at Bud's for a short time, and Smoky Mtn Gun & Ammo had them for $189 which included an extra MAG (they had extra MAGs and were adding one to the purchase).聽As of聽now those prices seem聽to have gone up.聽 The most negative about it on U-Tube seems to be requirement for up powered AMMO to make it run.聽

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The TX22 keeps getting great reviews. Getting down to below $300 at some places (not counting any shipping, transfers or taxes -- I haven't took one to checkout to see the final聽price). 聽

TAURUS as reinstated the Lifetime Warranty on several guns, even guns聽bought during the time they had reduced the warranty to one year.聽聽

• 1 month later...

A friend bought the TX 22聽(we had been discussing the guns performance) and he was ordering a rifle (BUD's Online). Buy 2 guns and get an extra $10 off.聽聽So, he ordered a TX 22 also. BUD's Online聽ships FREE and if to BUD'S in Sevierviile there is no transfer fee, just a background check (one B G Check for the two guns).聽

Anyway, we were at the range and he surprised me with"Here Shoot This" and handed me the TX22.聽

I LIKE -- it feels good shoots good and 聽was very accurate (for me). It is a nice 22 I think. Mainly for target as would be too聽large for carry (and it is a 22).聽 That said, I only shot 30 rounds thru it.聽

On 2/7/2019 at 5:33 PM, 1fast4by said:

I could not finish this guy's review...grated on my nerves so bad I shut it down. lol

But I have had the opportunity to hold a TX22 and I do like it. I probably will get one in the future.

Hi-Power聽 --- Understand his reviews are a bit what ever. LOL.

That said, he does give some information and is a heck of fan of the TX22.

I have only seen one bad review and I聽don't remember what that reviewers problem was.

Saw a price the other day reasonable but聽charged shipping of $14.95. 聽Be nice if the ever get it down near $200. 聽聽

TAURUS now advertises one with and without manual safety.聽

14 minutes ago, PAULSHOOT said:

Hi-Power聽 --- Understand his reviews are a bit what ever. LOL.

That said, he does give some information and is a heck of fan of the TX22.

I have only seen one bad review and I聽don't remember what that reviewers problem was.

Saw a price the other day reasonable but聽charged shipping of $14.95. 聽Be nice if the ever get it down near $200. 聽聽

TAURUS now advertises one with and without manual safety.聽

GrabaGun, and several other online sellers have had them from 279-315 in the last week or so. I've hesitated on going after one. I've just bought my limit for the year in the first 4 months. lol

Sold a couple, but need to do a few more before bringing another in.

200 would be a great price. If it will happen...??? I do like the without safety option on one though.

I bought the Tx22. 聽Have gone to the range three times聽now. 聽Each with 500 round of CCI Blazer; so total 1500 rounds thus far. 聽Only had 5 FTF. 聽Primer strike occurred each time. 聽That is 22 LR ammo. 聽Very fun to shoot. 聽500 rounds goes by really fast.

Extremely happy with the pistol. 聽Feels great in my smaller hands. It came with 2 mags; 聽bought 4 more from Taurus. 聽Great plinker or practice pistol. 聽So much cheaper than practicing all the time with 9mm. 聽

Will eventually introduce my daughters to it. 聽Ideal for new, younger shooters.

• Like 3
  • Administrator

My buddy and podcast co-host, Mark, got his TX22 this week and聽loves聽it.聽 聽He's not quick to heap undeserved praise on a gun, so this is a very strong endorsement from a guy who works in the industry and handles more different guns in a week than a lot of folks will see in several months.

• Like 1