New CCI polycoated offerings

CCI has announced a few new 22 loads.  

https://www.recoilweb.com/new-silencer-food-from-cci-145228.html

Flashing forward to 2019, CCI is making that particular wish happen with their CLEAN-22 ammo, offered in both sub and super velocities. They make the claim that the “…exclusive polymer bullet coating greatly reduces lead fouling in the barrel without leaving a residue. It also cuts lead buildup in suppressors 60 to 80 percent.” 

CLEAN-22 will be available in red nose supersonic, and blue nose subsonic. Red tip 944CC has a 40 grain round nose bullet flying past the sound barrier at 1235 feet per second, whereas the Blue tip 934CC is a 40 grain projo heading out at 1070 feet per second. Velocities will, of course, be lower in shorter barrel rifles and handguns, ensuring no supersonic crack under most all conditions in common firearm barrel lengths. Both come nicely boxed up in CCI’s 100 round plastic trays. (And we’d be remiss to not make note of their snappy new logo and box-branding changes for the new year. They seemed quite proud of it.) Either flavor MSRP’s at $9.95 a box.

There is a lot more at the link and its worth reading.   I'm very interested in the blue nose as I've gotten to where I rarely shoot anything fast these days.   

CCI has been making coated .22 ammo for a few years now.  I have several boxes of the red & green Christmas stuff and it seems like they put out some red, white, and blue or some such thing as well.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Garufa said:

CCI has been making coated .22 ammo for a few years now.  I have several boxes of the red & green Christmas stuff and it seems like they put out some red, white, and blue or some such thing as well.

Yep.  Those were all limited runs though.  These are a permanent line.