Walther PPK, PPK/S 380 is back

subsonic

41 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Holy crap msrp of $749 and it still has a terrible trigger....  theres those hopes dashed.

MSRP is usually higher than street price on anything, willing to wait and see what they go for. I'd go $550. I paid $369 for the 22LR version and love shooting it.

• Like 1

Have a Interarms Walther ppk really like it. One of my carry guns, just don't shoot it much. Been following this from the Walther forum for a long time as when the new ones would be released, will believe it when I see it. As far as price on the older models check the prices on GunBrokers, they ain't cheap.

7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Apparently y'all have no appreciation for the classics. How sad for you.  :shake:

I happen to be quite fond of the Walther PP series pistols. They're still around after almost 90 years for a simple reason. They work. :up:

cqgI1K8.jpg

Great collection!  It’s not that I don’t appreciate the classics, I just think that MSRP is ridiculous. I bet you never paid that much for any of the ones you have in your collection.  Also, I not much of a collector. I just like to shoot guns.

While the decision on Walther’s location in the United States had not been determined at the time of the announcement, the Fort Smith Regional Chamber, Chaffee Redevelopment Authority, the Arkansas Economic Development Commission, and Governor Mike Beebe’s office worked to secure Walther’s business for Arkansas.

What???? State and local officials actually working to get new business….amazing.

Walther Arms in Fort Smith are some fine folks to deal with. I've sent two of mine in for warranty  work. The Interarms/Ranger  PPK had a safety lever issue and the S&W PPK/s had never had the recall done on it. Both times the people I spoke with on the phone were very friendly and extremely helpful. They paid shipping both ways, repairs were done very well and the gun was back in my hands in eight days.  :up:

It doesn't matter exactly who made your Walther, they will honor the warranty, fix it right, get it back quickly and all at no cost to you. Some of the best customer service in the industry. :bow:

• Like 3
17 hours ago, DaveTN said:

What???? State and local officials actually working to get new business….amazing.

That's not uncommon.  They do it by giving massive tax breaks to the company and then raising property taxes for the rest of the population. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 11:32 AM, Magiccarpetrides said:

Holy crap msrp of $749 and it still has a terrible trigger....  theres those hopes dashed.

The trigger on my new Ft Smith PPK/S is amazing. Everyone who has tried it has been impressed.

This gun is excellent.

• Like 2
On 5/3/2019 at 9:07 AM, suspiciousmind said:

The trigger on my new Ft Smith PPK/S is amazing. Everyone who has tried it has been impressed.

This gun is excellent.

Did you have to pre order it and if so, what was the wait time? Currently only available from Sportsmans Outdoor on that basis. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2019 at 8:23 AM, subsonic said:

Did you have to pre order it and if so, what was the wait time? Currently only available from Sportsmans Outdoor on that basis. Thanks.

Sorry. Just now saw this. I pre-ordered it and randomly got a notice saying it was shipped one day. 

• Like 1