My New custom 1911 Holster

First let me say I had graduated PA Gunsmith school back in 81. It was a 18 month long full time school. Latter on I had a store front full service gunsmith business 82-96. So, over the years I'v tried a variety of holsters. Shoulder, Belly band, ankle and whatever else in between.  Finding a good comfortable leather holster is not an easy thing especially since most models would have to be mail ordered and nice Leather has gotten pretty pricy.  I'v always been drawn to pan cake style leather.  Problem is, try finding that in a cross draw and forget about it. It basically doesn't exist. Well it does now!  Thanks to our very own 1911alltheway from right here at TGO, I was able to bring my one of a kind holster design to life.  And man am I happy with it! The attention to detail and craftsmanship is first rate. He even put the wrap around curve in it just as I asked. The tension on the magazines is perfect, the thumb snap is exactly where it should be with the perfect tension as well.  This is a true pan cake holster as you can see the items do in fact bulge to the inside as well as the outside making it as protrusion less as physically possible. The holster's weight distribution is exactly what I wanted. Sitting belted into your vehicle was all so a consideration that works well with this design.  An all in one for my 4 3/4" barrel 1911. A light jacket conceal holster packing 25 rds of cocked & locked 45's that is bulge-less at the swing of your arms.  If you have a little bit of a buffet mussel on you as I do, a fit name has got to be the belly button buddy!

It started out as a card board cut out sent to Eagle Creek Gunleather over in Paris, TN

Vyh22R9l.jpg

snrDV0Fl.jpg

Like Magic.... here it was only weeks latter!

UyTChnHl.jpg

HiIswMSl.jpg

MfoMxrbl.jpg

THxrvnAl.jpg

EXfRvIYl.jpg

qQx1CZ1l.jpg

iU9LHT8l.jpg

It would be a sin not to plug this guy's work here so if you want a one of a kind built to your spec's or one like my "XT all in one Pancake" drop him a note & make a dream come true! eaglecreekgunleather@hotmail.com

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 3
  • Moderators

His knife sheaths are excellent as well. They are a perfect compliment to GT’s knives. 

Also, that’s a really cool design. Totally impractical for me, but still an awesome looking setup. 

Edited by Chucktshoes

I'm so happy to hear that your holster is everything you wanted it to be.

It was a fun project, I like to do things a little different than what is already out there when I get the chance.

Enjoy the holster and if I can do anything else in the future just let me know.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

• Like 2