Cancer Sucks...

Fourtyfive

• 3 weeks later...

Brain surgery last Friday for a tumor in his head that was causing seizures. He’s back at work with me waiting on answers from the doctors. He was told that he was off the stem cell eligibility list because he had more cancer. The lady that called him was not supposed to say that. The results for what was removed are not even back yet. Today he was called and told the results were back but the doctor that did the surgery was not in so they could not release them. Told later the results were really not back. What an emotional roller coaster we have been through. My son and I went to our previous secretary’s funeral today. She died from cancer 4 days ago. He demanded we go but the last place I wanted to take him was a funeral home. You had to see the look in his eyes looking at her in her casket, it was pure sadness for the loss of her and plain fear that he would be next. This is absolutely the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced with no physical pain exerted on me at all. Send the grease....

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Moderators

Continued prayers FourtyFive. Having faced this with my granddad, dad, mom, two very close friends and now an employee, the waiting can be the absolute worst. There are no words either. Just take one day at a time and when that's to hard focus on getting through each hour of the day. May God Bless your son with healing! 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:07 PM, Fourtyfive said:

Brain surgery last Friday for a tumor in his head that was causing seizures. He’s back at work with me waiting on answers from the doctors. He was told that he was off the stem cell eligibility list because he had more cancer. The lady that called him was not supposed to say that. The results for what was removed are not even back yet. Today he was called and told the results were back but the doctor that did the surgery was not in so they could not release them. Told later the results were really not back. What an emotional roller coaster we have been through. My son and I went to our previous secretary’s funeral today. She died from cancer 4 days ago. He demanded we go but the last place I wanted to take him was a funeral home. You had to see the look in his eyes looking at her in her casket, it was pure sadness for the loss of her and plain fear that he would be next. This is absolutely the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced with no physical pain exerted on me at all. Send the grease....

I hold you and Brian in prayer. Cancer is terrible. A curse upon all. The victim and the family. I know from way too much experience, Fortyfive.

You've mentioned a stem cell transplant. Is it collecting cells from Brian's blood, or another type?

Stem cells were harvested from my blood in 2009 and reintroduced after High Dose Chemo. I was fortunate to have an engraftment within about 2 weeks. 

7 hours ago, hipower said:

I hold you and Brian in prayer. Cancer is terrible. A curse upon all. The victim and the family. I know from way too much experience, Fortyfive.

You've mentioned a stem cell transplant. Is it collecting cells from Brian's blood, or another type?

Stem cells were harvested from my blood in 2009 and reintroduced after High Dose Chemo. I was fortunate to have an engraftment within about 2 weeks. 

Michael will get his own stem cells harvested for use after the heavy chemo. There are plans for two rounds of this.

2 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

Michael will get his own stem cells harvested for use after the heavy chemo. There are plans for two rounds of this.

Two rounds? I'm not familiar with that, but many things have happened since my days of therapy. Still in prayer for you. I'm sure the Lord will consider those of a hopeless sinner for a good family.

• 2 weeks later...

He has been in the hospital after coughing blood for the last two weeks. His lungs are covered in tumors and three days of chemo for that has held us up till today waiting for his stem cells to multiply. We may be able to harvest stem cells on Monday and then more chemo. We are on borrowed time but still in the fight. I just wanted to give an update.

3 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

He has been in the hospital after coughing blood for the last two weeks. His lungs are covered in tumors and three days of chemo for that has held us up till today waiting for his stem cells to multiply. We may be able to harvest stem cells on Monday and then more chemo. We are on borrowed time but still in the fight. I just wanted to give an update.

So sorry to hear this. A sinner's humble prayers for you all. 

• 4 weeks later...

He was sent home for 2 weeks to build up stem cells. Well we got the stem cells finished off yesterday! Starting the chemo today but the lungs are giving him trouble again. I am home with a fever and cannot go see him.  Keep praying ! We should beat this.....

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 2