New Remington 7600 200th Anniversary Edition

billt

I don't normally buy on impulse, especially when it comes to guns. But the other night I made a rare exception. I took a quick trip to Sportsman's Warehouse near me to pick up some patches and other gun cleaning supplies I was running low on. As I was browsing the gun rack I saw this beautiful Remington Model 7600 Pump Action 200th Anniversary Edition in .30-06 sitting there. I asked to see it. The nice young kid behind the counter handed it to me, and the rifle was absolutely gorgeous!

The Walnut was some of the best I've ever seen on ANY rifle at any cost. Both the butt stock, as well as the forend had what seemed to be endless figure and contrast, coupled with a beautiful high gloss finish. The bluing was very well done, with a very high luster and polish throughout. The gold inlays showed very nice detail on both sides of the receiver, as well as on the pistol grip cap. There is a nice gold inlayed barrel band at the muzzle. The fit and finish of all the wood and metal was as good as it could be.

I had seen several of these 200th Anniversary Edition Remington's at Cabela's over the last year and a half. And I almost sprung for a 7600 they had. But I just couldn't justify the price, ($1,595.00), they were asking. It's not that the gun wasn't worth it. It was. But it's a lot for a gun that's a safe queen, and you're basically buying to admire, and not to run up a high round count on. So when I asked this kid how much, I just about fell over when he told me $899.00! I said are you sure? He double checked, and came back with the manager and said yes, they were on a special clearance. I couldn't say, "I'll TAKE IT", fast enough! For that price there is just no way I was going to leave without it.

When my wife saw it, she was impressed as well. It's just a beautiful rifle. Remington sure did a nice job on it, I'll say that. This is just a quick and dirty phone pic.

MRWJqJs.jpg?2

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...