How has your luck been with Classic recently?

Has anyone noticed change with any recent transactions with our friends at Classic?

I've been pleasantly surprised as well as unpleasantly surprised over time. Goes with the territory dealing with surplus.

Recently called to their attention some ....liberties lets say...more than the usual ones. And was curious if some have noticed any changes.

Edited by Erich

I haven't bought anything from them in some time, since they purchased the last of the Burns M39's in fact.  My limited dealings with them have all been good, however I always knew I was buying surplus milsurps and didn't expect pristine rifles.  In fact, on several occasions I specifically requested wartime stocks, as the bumps and bruises acquired through the ages have always had greater appeal to me ...

• Angry 1

Purchased a Tokarev T33 just recently. It was listed as Military Surplus and used. Didn't try for any special pick of 5, (or was it 10). Just wanted a firing example.

I received as good an example as I had not expected. It looked more like un-issued stock to me.

No marks of any kind. I'm extremely happy with what I received.

• Like 4

Anyone who deals with fat benny @ classic deals with the devil himself. All you have to do is watch the video of the humped up, redone K98k's he tries to pass off as true collector rifles that plenty of suckers fell for. I wouldn't pee on him if he was running down the street on fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR5AXZT-BOI

Bill

Appreciate the comments.

I've always suspected the hand select option is just a suckers ploy, its never made a difference. A little over 3 years ago I got a completely mint unissued T33, and the blem Galil's from a couple months ago were a deal. Half price and mine only had one small ding in the dust cover that disappeared with a dab from a blue pen.

I know what Bill means, I am wary of their "collector" bits and would never buy from them. Couple years ago they had a batch of original minty M1 Carbines they claimed where from a collection and were being sold at a premium. Closer examination showed they had inconsistent parts and a some looked to be refinished.

My recent dealing that brought me to ask this, was the recent batch of T33's, and more specifically the customer service side. The video said excellent condition and blued. Condition conflicted with the website but also said blued (original finish is blue) and the nicest they have ever had. I called and they told me the video was right. No mention of them being arsenal frakenguns.

Turns out they were arsenal refinished parts guns. The finish was a cheesy parkerizing. I got one with a bad action from a poorly mated slide and it had scuffs and scratches on every surface.  I literally mean that. Both sides of the slide, frame sides, back strap and front strap.  So I sent a note to CS and they disputed the condition and video, without addressing the finish differences and being arsenal hacks.  It just had too much stray for what it was suppose to be for me.

They surprise was not the gun as much as how combative their customer service was about it.   They had been good about it in the other occasion I had to deal with that kind of discrepancy.  After a bit of hassle, they did refund most of my money, but it should have been less of a hassle in my opinion.

• Like 1
On 1/30/2019 at 8:28 PM, Ramjo said:

They arent what they used to be thats for sure. I'll tell ya who I miss, WIDENER'S.

Amen. Widener's was my goto for everything from guns to primers. I really hate that they gave it up.

• 3 years later...

Ordered multiple things from them.  They’ve overpriced everything recently and the ratings they put on weapons are not accurate.  Hand selecting didn’t seem to make a difference on some occasions.