As if I needed another pistol...ahem...PDW...dang CZ

28 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s2-pistol-micro-w-brace/

According to the 2019 SHOT reps...this is finally at the front of the line and will be released first quarter of this year...after an 8 month delay.....was gonna get a scorpion but the money I would spend modifying one to look like this might as well wait for this one.

According to their instagram and the Scorpion Facebook group, they have already shipped the first batch.   I personally don't like the micro or k conversions because I think they are too small.  But I also think its amazing that a company saw what the aftermarket was doing and they said, hey, we can offer that from the factory.   

I love my scorpion SBR.   You will love the thing. 

• Like 3

The sensible part of my brain says why not just use any "compact pistol" since the barrel is only 4" the other side  says "because cool, duh" 

CZ and Sig really are making guns for the consumer...however it seems CZ at least likes to make sure they run properly first.

Meanwhile my favorite foreign gunmaker, HK, says nah you dont deserve it yet.

4 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

According to their instagram and the Scorpion Facebook group, they have already shipped the first batch.   I personally don't like the micro or k conversions because I think they are too small.  But I also think its amazing that a company saw what the aftermarket was doing and they said, hey, we can offer that from the factory.   

I love my scorpion SBR.   You will love the thing. 

As a diehard CZ fan, I'm surprised that it doesn't do much for me.

I'll happily stick with my Scorpion Evo 1. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

But I also think its amazing that a company saw what the aftermarket was doing and they said, hey, we can offer that from the factory.

CZ is showing the gun industry what right looks like.  They're killing it as of late.

• Like 3

I want one of these but I’m afraid some crazy person will do what crazy people do and these pistols will be next on the ban list.

After seeing how tough (insert sarcasm) that was to accomplish with bump stocks, I’m on the fence. Had the bump stock thing gone down with a grandfather clause or a (reasonable) buy back, I might think harder about it. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

I want one of these but I’m afraid some crazy person will do what crazy people do and these pistols will be next on the ban list.

After seeing how tough (insert sarcasm) that was to accomplish with bump stocks, I’m on the fence. Had the bump stock thing gone down with a grandfather clause or a (reasonable) buy back, I might think harder about it. 

I dont think that bump stock ban would actually hold up in court and im sure GOA is itching for a fight but i sure dont want to be the example.  Also im shocked...not really maybe...that more people arent up in arms over how they back door banned it...seems like a simple way to re word a ban for AR's etc....  oh but now i have derailed my own thread......

Back to greener pastures and CZ's. Would love to see one out in the wild.

??  I never “got” this concept.    5.5 lbs and a 4” barrel.   All I see is a six pound handgun with a arm brace that looks somewhat awkward and magazines that can’t be used on another firearm.

See no advantage as a pistol and no barrel length for ballistic advantage of an ar pistol with length options.

Recoil mitigation better then blowback ar pistol?

this is coming from a guy that likes the single tube ksg at shot 2019 so I’m not trying to imply it is a worthless toy,  just curious why this platform over other choices.

11 hours ago, ohell said:

??  I never “got” this concept.    5.5 lbs and a 4” barrel.   All I see is a six pound handgun with a arm brace that looks somewhat awkward and magazines that can’t be used on another firearm.

See no advantage as a pistol and no barrel length for ballistic advantage of an ar pistol with length options.

Recoil mitigation better then blowback ar pistol?

this is coming from a guy that likes the single tube ksg at shot 2019 so I’m not trying to imply it is a worthless toy,  just curious why this platform over other choices.

Im with you...see earlier post....because fun and much less than an MPX copperhead is my only answer.....would also look cool with my suppressor hanging on it.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, ohell said:

Throw on a good red dot (the Sig Romeo we're discussing for cross thread points), and use a sling to get a good arm lock extention (the "brace" loses functionality at this point, admittedly), and you have a normal daytime bag concealable, yet stable platform, that a lot of people can shoot better than a pistol, with the magazine capacity of 20-30 rounds.

• Like 1

16.3” collapsed  vs an ar9 with 4” barrel at about 18.5”.   Shouldering a brace is natural,  cheek weld buffer tube is meh,  shooting with sling is learned. Not sure I would use “a lot” but then i’m not hanging out with vetted 3%’Ers   

It’s a cz, it’s cool, i’d take one but can’t help but to think there is as much marketing wank driving this as 7.5” barrel  5.56 pistol.  For the price i’d Assemble a ar9 with binary trigger.   Weeeeee

8 hours ago, ohell said:

It’s a cz, it’s cool, i’d take one but can’t help but to think there is as much marketing wank driving this as 7.5” barrel  5.56 pistol.  For the price i’d Assemble a ar9 with binary trigger.   Weeeeee

Its not marketing.  Its kind of the opposite.  CZ saw what their customers were doing on their own and just said, we can offer that out of the box. 

• Like 1