Admin contacts for account issues

Erich

Hey folks, I wanted to get ahold of an admin to see if they could fix a glitch in the system. Appreciate any references.

The site will not send out emails to my primary address following a spam marking incident. Opted back in, etc, but it locked me out wanting to confirm emails it was not actually sending. 

Not a spam filter deal on my side, so guessing the site has a do not send list and needs to be removed. For now I had to create a new email to get unlocked.

Tried the contact form and msg to tgo_actual, but not sure if those work. 

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Erich said:

Hey folks, I wanted to get ahold of an admin to see if they could fix a glitch in the system. Appreciate any references.

The site will not send out emails to my primary address following a spam marking incident. Opted back in, etc, but it locked me out wanting to confirm emails it was not actually sending. 

Not a spam filter deal on my side, so guessing the site has a do not send list and needs to be removed. For now I had to create a new email to get unlocked.

Tried the contact form and msg to tgo_actual, but not sure if those work. 

Thanks

Here's what I am seeing:   You are using Yahoo for email.  Yahoo keeps bouncing our email as "Spam" even though it isn't.  The forum is trying to contact you but you're not getting them.

You need to switch to GMail or something else other than Yahoo.

image.thumb.png.5ec68922fcc20872f5b60dc5

Appreciate you gents looking at this.

David are you seeing more of these thru the evening or just that initial spam notice earlier yesterday? Reason I ask is I still should see spam emails in my spam folders typically and there is nothing. I think its a software white list / black list deal based on later events.  The messages above were before the issue came up.

My ipad toggled some emails I did not check which did end up initially marking a TGO item as spam, but I went into spam and deslected so it routed back to the inbox.  Following that, I stopped receiving emails and on visiting the site I received an opt in notice, which I did.

Visiting later, my account was locked and wanted to send a confirmation email to email on file. Which I did 3 times or so without luck. At that point I was forced to switch to Gmail as it effectively locked my account out and the contact form is disabled.

But....now the Gmail emails are routing to spam from the point McGyver PM'd me and the subsequents got sent. That one I or my devices cant take credit for.

The big thing is...I want to keep the original email I have used on all other forums for years, just trying to figure out where the actual stop is since I cant see the messages or bounce backs. If there is a later bounce back is there contact info for yahoo as there is nothing I can find.

Edited by Erich
  • Administrator

I haven't dug too far into this.  I saw the spam report yesterday which made me take a look at your account on TGO.  When I did, I saw that you had changed your email address to the Yahoo one and were pending confirmation of that before the forum would allow you to resume use of TGO.

When I saw that, I manually approved your account and intended to wait and see if we still got any additional spam bounce alerts from Yahoo.

We don't do any whitelisting or blacklisting on the forum side.

Actually I didnt change it to the yahoo address, I signed up with that and have received emails fine until yesterday afternoon following the incident. At the point the spam report hit, when I came back the forum would not let me get in and wanted to to either confirm the email or change it. I hit the send confirmation to find nothing was being either sent or received. At which point I was forced to get a Gmail or stay locked out.

I would love to switch it back, but need to see what is either preventing them from getting sent, or blocking them coming in

The bigger issue is gmail started showing up in my SPAM folder though it is coming thru somewhere. Those had been coming to my regular inbox this AM after I set up forwarding to my Yahoo box.