Nashville Armory, Royal Range - Any Good?

Just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on the Nashville Armory or the Royal Range. I have been thinking for a while now about joining. I am in Mt Juliet so 20 or so miles to NA or 30 to RR. Distance is a factor for me but I'd sacrifice the additional 10 miles if needs be. I'd do the individual package at NA or the Director Cut at RR.

I wonder what your experiences have been. Are they "clickly" places? and what I mean by that is, if your not one of the cool kids will you not fit in?  I hate that. What about getting a lane, even on the busy weekends.  How does that workout? 

Any feedback you have would be great.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, charlessummers said:

Royal Range... never as crowded as NA, and the everyone there is awesome. Always willing to help too.

Royal Range is a significantly larger facility which gives the impression that it's not as crowded.  I'd wager they run as many or more shooters through on busy days as Nashville Armory, but Royal Range has the facility to support the volume.  More lanes, more options, more square footage.

• Like 1
On 2/2/2019 at 6:42 PM, miller_man said:

Another vote for Royal range - the facility and folks are superb. I have the DC membership going on my 2nd year - I shoot there A LOT.

How far do you travel to get there ? My only reservation would be, would I actually make the journey enough to justify the cost

• Administrator
6 hours ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

Really need a rifle range . I think what I will actually do is join the Stone River place . I think that's my best bet.  It's only a short distance away and I can't fire the cheap NATO 5.56

Another plus with the Stones River center is you get to shoot with the locals, which sometimes means being shot at by the locals.  Accidentally, of course.

Invest in body armor.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

Another plus with the Stones River center is you get to shoot with the locals, which sometimes means being shot at by the locals.  Accidentally, of course.

Invest in body armor.

I have shot there a lot over the years. It has been awhile now. It was always well run. It was also the busiest range in the state, with lots of newbies. So, if anything, the RSO's were pretty heavy handed. 

So... the number of shootings has been sursrisingly low for the amount of traffic and noobery.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, btq96r said:

Nashville Armory is good, Royal Range is great.  Stones River is run like ranges were in the army, but it's a good place to dial in a scope or get some fresh air while you're shooting.

It's the BEST place to dial in a scope IMO. It's the only outdoor range I know of that allows you to change the range of your target without changing lanes. I have dialed in a bunch of scopes there.

• Like 1
On 2/4/2019 at 3:20 PM, ShaggyRS6 said:

How far do you travel to get there ? My only reservation would be, would I actually make the journey enough to justify the cost

Its only about 14 miles for me and almost always on my way home (out of nashville) - so it's super convenient. 60 miles would probably be hard to justify.

• Like 1