AMMO Buys (Where Do You Get Yours?) & FFL Fees

I am relatively new to this shooting game (started in Dec 2015 with a SR22 Ruger and have added some more 22's and a 9MM and 380).

Just saying not much of an expert on anything.  

A buddy does a lot of shopping online and locally in Sevierville, TN (Smoky Mtn Gun & Ammo, Floyds Golf and Guns, BUD's Guns). He has helped with my ammo purchases above my own shopping. We sometimes share a large quantity purchase from online source to get FREE SHIPPING with large quantity (small quantities ADD SHIPPING and that generally throws price per round way off).  Some sites save state tax as well.   

Anyway, I have a list of book marks for buying AMMO and will present a couple. Just thought maybe condense information.  Maybe, someone benefit or provide some good ones from their experience. 😃

Target Sports USA (just recently bought some 380 from them - Blazer Brass 350 Rouds at $99.99 (will get $2 per 50 rounds or $14 back via Blazzer Brass Rebate = $12,28 per 50 round box = c$0.246 per round).   TargetSportsUSA.com 

NOTE: Reason I don't like a 380 is AMMO Cost (best deal locally is $12.99 plus tax about $1.20 =  $14.19 per box.

Palmetto State Armory (friend and I shared a 22LR AMMO some months ago, he buys from them often) PalmettoStateArmory.com 

Bulk Ammo (I have not used, just one I had in bookmarks) BulkAmmo.com 

RKGuns (I have not used, my friend has -- they have local TN Stores, so tax I guess is a problem). RK Guns.com

FFL Thing:  Smky Mtn Guns & Ammo is $10 Fee and $10 Background check. BUD's is $10 if shipping to BUD's in TN from Online BUD's in KY. Save TN Sales Tax on guns shipped from some places. . 

SG Ammo. Good prices with quick shipping. I like their packaging. When I buy a case instead of just attaching a shipping label, they enclose the case in another box. Double the protection against UPS breaking it open in shipment.

• Like 4

Another SG Ammo satisfied customer here. I'd recommend signing up for their newsletter as they run frequent specials.

https://www.sgammo.com/

For Self Defense/Carry ammo I tend to use Bone Frog Gun Club. If your choice is listed "Out Of Stock" just check back in a few days. These guys sell a lot of affordable quality ammo and ship fast.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/collections/ammunition

17 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

I curious to see if these companies that sell ammo are going to start adding sales tax to the price.

My guess is yes. Most states are getting pretty aggressive in sales tax collection from internet retailers.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

Another SG Ammo satisfied customer here. I'd recommend signing up for their newsletter as they run frequent specials.

https://www.sgammo.com/

For Self Defense/Carry ammo I tend to use Bone Frog Gun Club. If your choice is listed "Out Of Stock" just check back in a few days. These guys sell a lot of affordable quality ammo and ship fast.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/collections/ammunition

Both of these are my go to places. 

• Like 1

OK --- I will add SGAMMO to my Favorites and take a look when I need AMMO.  Sometimes shipping charges rule out online buys (or have to get very large quantities (1000 to 5000) to avoid shipping. Msot of thee time, except for 22LR I don;t want a 1000 9MM or 380. 

Thanks, always, good to get new information.

The 350 rounds of 380 95 grain Blazer Brass Black Pack from TARGET SPORTS USA came in Monday (as promised).

Final:  $99.99 - $14 (rebate) divided by 7 boxes = $12.28 per 50 round box. That be a couple bucks cheaper than cheapest local I could find (Browning 380 95 grain at $12.99 plus tax estimated at $1.20 = $14.19 per 50 rd box).   

It was Black Pack loose 350 rounds in a plastic sealed bag - inside two boxes (Shipping Box and the Black Pack Box).  

I applied for the $14 Rebate online. That was a bit complicated. I had to list the 350 rounds as 7 boxes (then select 350 rounds of other AMMO Caliber - rebate on 9MM is only $1 per box, $2 on other calibers). Then had to make four files for required Downloads in three area of the online form.

Files I had to make to Download in the online application:

One was of the UPC label which I got by Scanning the Label to a PDF File. 

One was of the Receipt for ordering which was an E Mail from Target Sports USA that came after I placed the order. So, I printed the E Mail and then scanned it to a PDF File. 

Lastly, I needed two images of the product. So, I took a picture of the outside box, then a picture of the Black Pack Box that showed the label and had the box opened to show the plastic bag with the 350 rounds in it. I loaded those two pictures in the computer (JPG File) and used those the final downloads.

Finally, they accepted my submit (after I corrected error of providing only one image of the product). And, I got a notice back that subject to verification, I would get my $14 in 6 to 12 weeks. 

Edited by PAULSHOOT
Added a couple changes.
18 hours ago, PAULSHOOT said:

I applied for the $14 Rebate online. That was a bit complicated. I had to list the 350 rounds as 7 boxes (then select 350 rounds of other AMMO Caliber - rebate on 9MM is only $1 per box, $2 on other calibers). Then had to make four files for required Downloads in three area of the online form.

Files I had to make to Download in the online application:

One was of the UPC label which I got by Scanning the Label to a PDF File. 

One was of the Receipt for ordering which was an E Mail from Target Sports USA that came after I placed the order. So, I printed the E Mail and then scanned it to a PDF File. 

Lastly, I needed two images of the product. So, I took a picture of the outside box, then a picture of the Black Pack Box that showed the label and had the box opened to show the plastic bag with the 350 rounds in it. I loaded those two pictures in the computer (JPG File) and used those the final downloads.

Finally, they accepted my submit (after I corrected error of providing only one image of the product). And, I got a notice back that subject to verification, I would get my $14 in 6 to 12 weeks. 

LOL. I feel your pain!

There's a thread on here somewhere about this same issue. I did the same during/after the Black Friday sales and I am still waiting for my refund cards... eventually they'll arrive, eventually... 

But they don't make it terribly easy either. 🙄