Super Bowl

MacGyver

Bubly/Buble was the only one that came close to being funny to me, and any other year that would have been a 2nd or 3rd tier commercial.

The Bud Light ones were a flop to me. We get it....you don't use corn syrup and the other guys do....we got that after the first one....stop already. I'm still not sure what the point of the GoT/Bud Light crossover was. Did they just end the Bud Light "Dilly! Dilly! Kingdom" ad campaign because the Bud Knight got killed and the kingdom got razed by GoT?? I'm confused.

The usually solid Budweiser was also a flop with "hey! look at us! we use windmills!"

I'm with Mac on liking the Microsoft gaming one, but it has been running for about a week now. On a similar vein I liked Google's Translate ad, but neither of them were what I'd call "entertaining"

#SleeperBowl

• Like 1

The fact that both teams were able to put up defense like that in a league that has gone out of its way to keep points being scored is amazing.聽 I get that it wasn't exciting football, but the game itself was still good.聽 Then you consider that the Patriots have a dynasty in a system designed to prevent that as well.聽 Crazy levels of dedication.

The Bud Light/HBO GoT crossover commercial was the best, to me.聽 But that's because I actually like the Dilly Dilly series, and am a huge GoT fan.

Edited by btq96r
3 minutes ago, btq96r said:

The fact that both teams were able to put up defense like that in a league that has gone out of its way to keep points being scored is amazing.聽 I get that it wasn't exciting football, but the game itself was still good.聽 Then you consider that the Patriots have a dynasty in a system designed to prevent that as well.聽 Crazy levels of dedication.

The Bud Light/HBO GoT crossover commercial was the best, to me.聽 But that's because I actually like the Dilly Dilly series, and am a huge GoT fan.

I love defense. 聽 I hate high scoring football. 聽 College football is awful. 聽This wasn't a defensive showcase. 聽 The offenses were just that terrible. 聽The game MVP didn't even have a touchdown. 聽聽

12 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

This wasn't a defensive showcase. 聽 The offenses were just that terrible. 聽The game MVP didn't even have a touchdown. 聽聽

Yes it was.聽 It was subtle, but it was still a defensive showcase.聽 The Patriots showing one defense, then switching it up after the play clock dropped under 15 sec, so Sean McVay couldn't tell his QB how to adapt (the mics cut out when the play clock hits 15) was a cutthroat genius move to flummox a young QB who can't read a defense yet.聽 Then the Rams keeping Brady in a mode where he couldn't get into a rhythm, and actually confusing a guy who has been reading defensive schemes for 17 years at the NFL level.聽 That's just as impressive to me.聽 The offenses were terrible because they didn't get a chance to break out.

Edleman wasn't the first MVP to not score a TD...not even among WRs.聽

Edited by btq96r
On 2/4/2019 at 3:57 AM, SWJewellTN said:

The game was so boring I fell asleep.聽:bored:

I fell asleep in the 4th quarter. It was 3 to 3 and then I woke up and they was interviewing Brady congratulating him, and I was like what,聽 they won, its over. I had to watch the highlights Monday morning.

I watched the game and I got the feeling about 1/2 way through the game that NFL told Brady to amke a game of it and not another blow out so that is why he didn't make 40+ points like they normally do when they play. The Rams played their聽hearts out on defense and not so much on offense. Rams offensive line sucks big time. Brady had all the time in the world to find open receivers. He made passes that would have been caught if he wanted them caught. He made a game of it but could have racked up a lot more points then he did. The聽 Saints would have made it a much better game........JMHO聽