Pulling trigger to disassemble "hazzard" ?

tercel89

55 minutes ago, Erich said:

Uh oh :D

You are describing a condition where its already partially cocked. We are not talking about the same thing. Meaning the slide has been cycled first.

If you go back, you see I am taking about a gun, typically stored and uncocked.

If one follows the manual (preceding pics), you had already locked it back fully, visual check with slide lock, and run body parts into the chamber in case your visual inspection was not sufficient (mandated legal languarge ). If you have done this, yes you have to at some point pull the trigger. But most importantly, we are not taking the same situation.

We are touching on practices and how we check a firearm, or more importantly last left it after last use. I do not leave any weapon at part or full cock when unloaded. Hammer fired or striker fired, doesnt matter what name is printed on the slide.

The assumption here is after you finishing firing a weapon,or cleaning it, after the slide it back in battery it is uncocked via a dry fire (hammer or strike) to be put put back in a range bag, safe, or where ever. 

For example. I am at the range. I fired the last shot and slide locks back. I drop the mag. Then the slide, and pull the trigger while its pointed down range. I do this with any and all my guns. Same process with post cleaning assembly.

Now if you enjoy leaving it with the slide locked back after that last shot, or after a cleaning. This does not apply to you.

Nor to someone that fully locks the slide back to run the manual suggested checks for a clear weapon. Not to suggest being unsafe. I check via visual inspection thru an emply magwell, extractor chamber indicator, and press check. But again...that's me. I just like living dangerously according to the gun makers lawyers ;)

Now assuming you also have an uncocked Glock that you know to be safe and unloaded....you dont have to pull that trigger.

So you still have to pull the trigger.   Okay.   Well I'm right then.   That's all I was really worried about.  

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

So you still have to pull the trigger.   Okay.   Well I'm right then.   That's all I was really worried about.  

Boooo. Sounds like this was more pretense and coming from a specific case and wanting to hear you were right for some neener neener points. Not taking the spirit of what I said (which was qualified) as well as real world auto loader practices when someone does field strip to generalize that case to all of them, specifically when its not true.

You got me, thought you were actually curious. But.....I'll play :D

I think you wanted to read or portray my last as a blanket agreement or an absolute, yes? (which is what being "right" is all about).

For the record. I or anyone could take a completely un-fired stripped Glock and reassemble it, disassemble it, and repeat all day long without ever pulling the trigger.

So no, not right. 

Though this was more for fun, I think we all recognize that any auto loader without a decocker at various points in its life has its trigger pulled when not being fired for a variety of reasons. Doesn't make any of them inherently unsafe unless its in the wrong hands.

4 minutes ago, Erich said:

Boooo. Sounds like this was more pretense and coming from a specific case and wanting to hear you were right for some neener neener points. Not taking the spirit of what I said (which was qualified) as well as real world auto loader practices when someone does field strip to generalize that case to all of them, specifically when its not true.

You got me, thought you were actually curious. But.....I'll play :D

I think you wanted to read or portray my last as a blanket agreement or an absolute, yes? (which is what being "right" is all about).

For the record. I or anyone could take a completely un-fired stripped Glock and reassemble it, disassemble it, and repeat all day long without ever pulling the trigger.

So no, not right. 

Though this was more for fun, I think we all recognize that any auto loader without a decocker at various points in its life has its trigger pulled when not being fired for a variety of reasons. Doesn't make any of them inherently unsafe unless its in the wrong hands.

No.  I literally thought you were telling me that there was a disassembly procedure that didn't involve pulling the trigger.   But that wasn't the case.   I was genuinely curious.    But then I was let down by your lack of ability to produce an actual procedure in which my 17 could be drawn from the holster and disassembled without pulling the trigger.   

I said the thing about being right to try to be funny.   I failed in at my attempt at levity. 

I hear ya. The interwebs + words without tone does loose a bit over conversation. All good.

I think of most takedown scenarios are following range time or from storage versus from condition 1, granted that context was not stated. Seemed inferred, but maybe should not have been assumed.   Sorry for the disappointment. No free lunches if any gun is cocked and locked IMO.