Jump to content
10-Ring

for-trade Lee reloading stand, flood sale

Recommended Posts

My basement flooded Wednesday night.  This new in the box reloading stand got a little wet.  I just don't need it and don't really want to take the time to unbox it and put it together.  My loss is your gain.  $100 obo trade for?  In Lebanon TN but travel southern middle TN reguarly. 

IMG_20190208_124911.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sympathies to you, 10-ring. We have been thru this twice now. It can be costly and heartbreaking. I've lost a lot of personal items during those times, but wife, and dog, Molly, safe each time. House damage each time, but repairable.

We came close this time. I watched the water in the creek beside us rise from 4 until 10:30 before bugging out. Already had move vehicles and had bags packed up. Only takes two times for me to learn. lol

That creek is almost always dry, and is nothing more than a runoff channel these days. And since we are in a low spot, I watch very closely. When it overflowed the regular confines...that was enough.

Stayed overnight with inlaws and came back Thursday morning about 5AM. All good.

Wishes for an easy cleanup and small loses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.  Damage was minimal. Lost probably less than $500 of stuff.  I did have about 4" of water in my safe, but I think I caught it before it damaged anything.  It's just been a pain to clean everything up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

Thanks guys.  Damage was minimal. Lost probably less than $500 of stuff.  I did have about 4" of water in my safe, but I think I caught it before it damaged anything.  It's just been a pain to clean everything up.  

Water will ruin the fire rating of a safe. A friend of mine has  Browning Bronze like mine. He got water from the big flood. The safe still worked as a safe. But, Browning said the fire rating was kaput.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Water will ruin the fire rating of a safe. A friend of mine has  Browning Bronze like mine. He got water from the big flood. The safe still worked as a safe. But, Browning said the fire rating was kaput.

Makes sense seeing as how sheetrock is what is used to protect the contents and water would compromise the sheetrock.  Going to have to suck that one up I suppose.  Frankly, I was surprised that the safe wasn't watertight.  This will be a great excuse, if I ever upgrade, to not have it in the basement.  However, much of the decision to put it where it is stemmed from having it in a location where the fewest amount of people would be aware of its existence.  

I have plenty of room upstairs, it's just that I prefer it to not be seen and known about by everyone who comes into my house.  Had a huge walk in bedroom closet at my old house, and that's where the safe lived.  That was ideal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can mount it on a anchored 4-6” riser of hardwood,steel  if water level don’t get that high.  The 3/4” Sheetrock makes it a fire wall,and the hole in the back for cord can be silicone shut or a 1/2”conduit hole plug and redrill up top for power cord.

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 10-Ring said:

Makes sense seeing as how sheetrock is what is used to protect the contents and water would compromise the sheetrock.  Going to have to suck that one up I suppose.  Frankly, I was surprised that the safe wasn't watertight.  This will be a great excuse, if I ever upgrade, to not have it in the basement.  However, much of the decision to put it where it is stemmed from having it in a location where the fewest amount of people would be aware of its existence.  

I have plenty of room upstairs, it's just that I prefer it to not be seen and known about by everyone who comes into my house.  Had a huge walk in bedroom closet at my old house, and that's where the safe lived.  That was ideal.  

Also less likely to see an intense fire. AFIK, none of them are airtight. I assume to prevent condensation. It's why the have the expanding fire seal. They get airtight at a certain temperature.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By cmsmith712001
      In May 2018 I purchased this CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical new from a local gun store.  It has approximately 170 rounds through, it and has performed flawlessly. 
      Sale price is $475.
      Possible trades are,  low round count, LNIB,
      Glock 30 Gen 4 SA XD-M 9 Compact Glock 19 Gen 4  FN FNS-9C  HK VP9SK M&P9 C M2.0 Beretta APX Compact  The CZ comes with:
      Factory installed night sights Two 18 round magazines Factory case Leather Galco holster I live in Robertson County, and can meet around Goodlettsville, or Hendersonville.  
      Please let me know if you are interested.



    • By GlockSpock
      Interested in a Phantom/Phantom LC for Glock 19. Prefer IWB hardware but open to negotiations. Dependent upon which light for LC as well.
    • By Grand Torino
      They are each $175 shipped. Both have custom leather sheaths as shown and are 12 3/4" in length with a blade length of about 7".
      First has Pau Rosa wood handles with custom bronze finger guard made from a chunk of bronze pictured. It has a brass pin and black G10 accents. 






      Next has Marblewood handles with Padauk wood and grey and green G10 accents with a SS pin and custom made Lazy S finger guard.





      Thanks for lookin'!!

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines