A sneak peak at a couple new designs in the works

So I have been asked lately to make some crossdraw holsters so I have decided to work on a couple designs.

The main thing that makes them a little different is the angle (at least I think it is different, lol).

I made these to be a little more extreme than most of what is available as that's what I am getting asked for.

The first one was made for a S&W 686 2.5" barrel and can be made for just about any medium to large frame revolver.

nRKDgIe.jpg?1

The second one is not for everyone but I had to do it, lol.

This one is for a 4.75" barrel SAA

mOqdY5a.jpg

I still need to do a little tweaking but I wanted to show what I have been working on lately.

Thanks For looking

• Like 5

Interesting. lol Actually I like it. May have to get with you on a couple of projects.

A  Smith snubbie 19 and a Shield 45 with a laser. More likely the Shield would be my first choice. 

I know it's sometimes awkward, but I've been just running the holster thru the loops on my left side.

Ever do anything for a Shield with a laser?

5 hours ago, hipower said:

Interesting. lol Actually I like it. May have to get with you on a couple of projects.

A  Smith snubbie 19 and a Shield 45 with a laser. More likely the Shield would be my first choice. 

I know it's sometimes awkward, but I've been just running the holster thru the loops on my left side.

Ever do anything for a Shield with a laser?

I haven't done one for a Shield with laser but I have done other holsters for ones with lasers  and I have made holsters for the shield line so it wouldn't be a problem. I would just need to know if its the built in laser or a CT laser.

I would have to see if I can get a mold for the 19 as I don't currently have one but if I can find a mold I can make it as well I believe its a K frame so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Just let me know if I can help.

7 minutes ago, 1911alltheway said:

I haven't done one for a Shield with laser but I have done other holsters for ones with lasers  and I have made holsters for the shield line so it wouldn't be a problem. I would just need to know if its the built in laser or a CT laser.

I would have to see if I can get a mold for the 19 as I don't currently have one but if I can find a mold I can make it as well I believe its a K frame so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Just let me know if I can help.

I'll have to have a little time on this end Way too much outlay going on right now. But I would like to work with you on at least one of these.

Can you give me a ballpark figure? I know it won't be exact, and I might have some changes in mind as well, so I guess a baseline figure?

31 minutes ago, hipower said:

I'll have to have a little time on this end Way too much outlay going on right now. But I would like to work with you on at least one of these.

Can you give me a ballpark figure? I know it won't be exact, and I might have some changes in mind as well, so I guess a baseline figure?

PM sent

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, seafarer84 said:

Those are nice holsters.

I can attest to the quality of work from 1911alltheway. I got one for a Shield 45 and it's a perfect fit. Work is excellent! Looks are awesome!

Like any good piece of leatherwork, it was extremely tight initially, but leaving the gun in the holster for a day or so has made it fit like a glove. Draws well, has a bit of tension, but not enough to be a problem. Re-inserting is still a bit slow, but use will change that.

20 hours ago, seafarer84 said:

Those are nice holsters.

Thanks I thought they turned out pretty well and they carry well too.

18 hours ago, hipower said:

I can attest to the quality of work from 1911alltheway. I got one for a Shield 45 and it's a perfect fit. Work is excellent! Looks are awesome!

Like any good piece of leatherwork, it was extremely tight initially, but leaving the gun in the holster for a day or so has made it fit like a glove. Draws well, has a bit of tension, but not enough to be a problem. Re-inserting is still a bit slow, but use will change that.

Thanks for the kind words hipower, it was a pleasure to build that holster for you.

17 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

And I've been looking for a cross draw for my ruger bisley 480.....

If I can get ahold of a mold or a real pistol I can make it, I have made a few others since these were posted on here.

This one was made for a Ruger GP100 Match Champion the only difference is the customer wanted a thumb break  but it rides about the same as the SAA in the pictures above....

GERMRAv.jpg