robtattoo

for-trade High Standard Officer's 1911

Looking to trade, or part trade only. NOT wanting to sell. If I can't find what I want I'll keep it.....I'm aware that I seem to do this quite frequently, but this time I'm, like, SUPER serious.

I have a well used officer's 1911. Texas built by High Standard (before RIA took over the name) Novak sights (painted), 3 magazines & around 250 rounds of .45acp ball ammunition (my own, medium level hand loads) + as many factory loads as I can find (maybe 50+?)

It's never let me down, it's never failed to fire or stovepiped. I don't know it's history, but I replaced the recoil springs when I bought it & I've put probably 600 rounds through it since. Probably couldn't hurt to replace them again. I have one 7 round mag with the spacer thingy, 2 standard GI size 7 round mags. All perform as they should. I would honestly trust my life to this gun. I slapped some rubbery, grippy grips on & promptly lost the originals....

It's not a Les Baer or a Wilson, Colt, Springfield or Kimber, but......It. Just. Works! It's accurate as balls & reliable as an AK. Nothing fancy to look at, but functional beauty. I've got a couple of OWB leather holsters I'll throw in as well.

I'm just really, REALLY jonesing for a single action revolver again. I'd prefer a .45 1873 clone, but I'd be open to to a Blackhawk, or similar too.

20190209_204435.jpg

20190209_204422.jpg

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 1

Nooope. I mean, if you've got a Smith 629 or Ruger Alaskan burning a hole in your pocket........or my old redhawk

I really, REALLY want another big bore revolver. I'm open to pretty much anything in that arena.

Edited by robtattoo

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, robtattoo said:

BTW..... I've had several 'keepers'

You realise they keep making them, right? ;)

True. but mine are Dad's guns, some he gave me before passing, and some that came from my father-in-law. Plus some I just like. lol

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GlockSpock
      Interested in a Phantom/Phantom LC for Glock 19. Prefer IWB hardware but open to negotiations. Dependent upon which light for LC as well.
    • By Grand Torino
      They are each $175 shipped. Both have custom leather sheaths as shown and are 12 3/4" in length with a blade length of about 7".
      First has Pau Rosa wood handles with custom bronze finger guard made from a chunk of bronze pictured. It has a brass pin and black G10 accents. 

Next has Marblewood handles with Padauk wood and grey and green G10 accents with a SS pin and custom made Lazy S finger guard.

Thanks for lookin'!!
    • By cmsmith712001
      In May 2018 I purchased this CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical new from a local gun store.  It has approximately 170 rounds through, it and has performed flawlessly. 
      Sale price is $475.
      Possible trades are,  low round count, LNIB,
      Glock 30 Gen 4 SA XD-M 9 Compact Glock 19 Gen 4  FN FNS-9C  HK VP9SK M&P9 C M2.0 Beretta APX Compact  The CZ comes with:
      Factory installed night sights Two 18 round magazines Factory case Leather Galco holster I live in Robertson County, and can meet around Goodlettsville, or Hendersonville.  
      Please let me know if you are interested.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines