Storage For Tools and Cleaning Kit

I wonder if any of you folks have suggestions or examples of how you store you gun cleaning tools and products?  I am trying to clean up my work bench, so I can actually use it as a work bench and wanted to organize the tools so I can give them a home. Would like to section of cleaning products, maybe cleaning tool by caliber etc. Ideally it would be something I could put on the work bench for easy access.  I looked at a few of the pro tool cheats but they are so expensive. Any ideas or thoughts would be great! 

8 minutes ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

I wonder if any of you folks have suggestions or examples of how you store you gun cleaning tools and products?  I am trying to clean up my work bench, so I can actually use it as a work bench and wanted to organize the tools so I can give them a home. Would like to section of cleaning products, maybe cleaning tool by caliber etc. Ideally it would be something I could put on the work bench for easy access.  I looked at a few of the pro tool cheats but they are so expensive. Any ideas or thoughts would be great! 

I use the fishing lure boxes, they come in a variety of sizes and prices.  I purchased a fishing bag which comes with these, I keep all of them in there until I need to use them, one for my black powder weapons, another for standard rifles and guns.

https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/outdoors/fishing/tackle-storage/tackle-binders--utility-boxes

• Like 2

I keep the various solvents in small drip tip bottles that fit well inside a used coffee tub, the coffee tub lid keeps any smells down to a minimum or none.  (Wife doesn't complain anyway).  Patches are kept in the box along with the fold up Tipton gun cleaning rack.  Rods are stored on a small rack over in the corner behind the internet router, jags and brushes in a MTM jag brush in the Tipton box as well. 

I have a similar set up for the range but everything fits in a soft side range bag the wife gave me except for the cleaning rods. They stay in a 2" pvc pipe with caps for travel protection, no damage in 2 yrs.  I use my Bald Eagle front rest and rear bag to hold the gun while at the range.  A multi-caliber bore guide fits in the range bag along with solvents in a small plastic coffee tub, the MTM jag box and patches.  Has worked well for the past 2 yrs.

• Like 1

Years ago, I bought a cleaning kit from Midway. It doesn't look like they still sell it, but it came in a large plastic box sort of like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Ultimate-Cleaning-Handgun/dp/B00I81LC5A/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1549914280&sr=8-12-spons&keywords=gun+cleaning+kit&psc=1

I've found it to be a great place to store my cleaning tools and supplies.

• Like 1

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner®-gun-cleaning-toolbox

I bought one of those on sale for $20 a few years ago.  Stripped the finish and re-stained it, then covered my terrible job with a bunch of stickers and pins from my favorite gun manufacturers.  Holds most of my stuff decently well.  I use some old pretzel rod tubs to hold my patches.

Before that, I used a Homer bucket with one of these (or something like it):

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-10030-Bucketeer-BTO/dp/B00GK4TOWK/ref=asc_df_B00GK4TOWK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167152075853&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12381272050078821990&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025990&hvtargid=pla-312236746975&psc=1

Edited by Bubba Fett
  • Like 1

I have a small closable cabinet above my bench for most of my cleaning supplies and gun smithing tools. An open shelf under the cabinet has all my solvents, extra ear plugs and such. I put a rack on the wall to hang cleaning rods and some other stuff. With all that the bench still fills up with things that I have to move. When I setup my new shop I decided to have a dedicate gun bench and it usually stays dedicated. I have the bench covered with low nap carpet and extra lighting above it.

• Like 1

I'm with @Omega. Picked up this bag for $20 or something. Had two tackle trays in it. Took one out and replaced it with Hoppes and a bottle of lubrication. The other tray has swabs, picks, smaller screw drivers and whatever else I need for handguns. Shoved a couple rags on the top to keep things quiet.

That's a nice box too @ShaggyRS6. If and when I move, plans for a golf and gun room are already on the must have list.

20221314?$pdp-enlarged-desktop$

• Like 1