Collections

Capbyrd

Besides guns, or gun related items, what do you collect?   I'm sure there has been a thread like this before but I'm starting anew.  

I have a couple of collections that I'm proud of or enjoy.   

1.  Star Wars LEGO sets.   While I really enjoy these and displaying them, I'm about to give away a lot of the collection and trim it down to just Star Wars UCS sets.  

2.  Jack Daniels stuff.   My dad collected it, and I inherited the collection and kept it going.  I don't really drink though so its always weird for me to go buy new stuff for the collection. 

Diecast muscle cars. Any make or model that attracts me.  I have 2 Glass display cases I bought when we moved here.  6' tall 42" wide and 12" deep. Had 4 glass shelves in it origionally, now each has 8 shelves.

I have approximately 150 cars in the two. But at least double that still boxed. 

Collect or amass?  

I have a lot of old albums, cassettes and CD’s I guess could be called a collection.  

Used to have tons of books until I learned I could live without them and hauled a good deal of them off.

Have several old Victrolas my dad collected but I’ve never had the bug like he did.  I do like them though.

I'm a Star Trek geek, but on the item side, the one thing I collect is a calendar they out put every year with artwork for starships in the various shows, and some not in the shows.  I keep one copy in the plastic for collection for each year it's published.  This calendar series even inspired a three book series that is some of the best Trek I've ever read/seen. 

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Ships_of_the_Line

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2

Everything and nothing in particular.  I own more stuff than most people twice my age.  Scrap metal, scrap lumber, tools, all kinds of broken machinery (never know when you can source a part for something else).  Basically, anything that I come across for cheap or free that I think that I will use.  As much time as I spend trying to keep my house not looking like Ma and Pa Kettle's I have no desire to chase after anything specific.

My wife says junk....

I gave up really collecting anything years ago. I have some comics, ball cards, Backwoodsman magazines for a lot of years since they started in '85 I think. And a few other things. I used to collect cool computer stuff, but that got chunked in a clean out. I really don't classify myself a gun collector. 

@10-Ring If I had the space I would have a lot more parts and stuff. I worked for a construction company for a decade and passed on lots of free materials because I had no where to put them that was not disputed territory with the wife. She would rather throw everything away. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, btq96r said:

I'm a Star Trek geek, but on the item side, the one thing I collect is a calendar they out put every year with artwork for starships in the various shows, and some not in the shows.  I keep one copy in the plastic for collection for each year it's published.  This calendar series even inspired a three book series that is some of the best Trek I've ever read/seen. 

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Ships_of_the_Line

I got a bunch of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark calendars. My wife hates them. lol

• Like 1

Back about 20 years ago it was baseball cards (about 100 pounds of recycling material now) and the last couple of years I have been quietly stashing golf clubs here and there. Getting messy at this point. Sell one thing and pickup 2 or 3 in replacements. Not junk mind you. Always after one putter but deals start showing up. PayPal makes it easier for me too, not using the "real" money

Use to have many collections but many have went away and others have been dormant for many years. Still into old cars including the truck in my profile photo. Still add an old sign to my collection of car/farm/park signs when I fine one at a reasonable price that I like.

10 minutes ago I would've said 'nothing' but I just went to my ammo cupboard to load the truck for a range trip & now I'm sat here, literally dumbfounded by the amount of .22lr ammo I seem to have amassed. I guess I'm a collector of that now.

Funny thing is, I don't remember having actually bought any for years, it's all come with guns I've bought or traded for.

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 1

I don't collect any one thing or type of thing, but I collect trophies / souvenirs from my travels... my office is packed with stuff and everything has a story. Books, knives, antiquities, family heirlooms, game trophies... barely room for me in here.