Brownells email advertises Hi-Power clone

Ronald_55

10 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I watched a video on it from SHOT Show and didn't post it because I thought we had discussed it here before.   This is the TISAS clone that has been out for.a little while now.   Pretty sure that's been discussed here somewhere. 

Just now, Capbyrd said:

I watched a video on it from SHOT Show and didn't post it because I thought we had discussed it here before.   This is the TISAS clone that has been out for.a little while now.   Pretty sure that's been discussed here somewhere. 

I remember a TISAS 1911 I think, is that the same gun?

In all honesty, that one thread that gets resurrected about the Tisas 1911 is about the only negative feed back I've heard about their firearms.  

I would suspect that the BR9 could attain a good following, but I think $530 is just a bit high for a Tisas.  I was looking at their 1911 prices a couple of weeks ago and they were about $329.99 at Buds.  They are out of stock now.

• Moderators

The BR9 got discussed in the Tisas 1911 thread. Why? Because it’s where we discuss anything Tisas. Don’t ask me why that is, I don’t know. I just know that it is. 

I’m just happy to have Hi Power anything discussed. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Moped said:

I would suspect that the BR9 could attain a good following, but I think $530 is just a bit high for a Tisas.  I was looking at their 1911 prices a couple of weeks ago and they were about $329.99 at Buds.  They are out of stock now.

Maybe, but nearly everyone make 1911’s, no one is making the Hi Power anymore...until now.

• Like 3

First, I am the one and only, the original, broken mold edition. Thank the Lord for that! One is far, far enough.

Secondly, I did see the Tisas BHP clone mentioned a while back, a would have liked to try one. But not at 5 bills plus. Might get a chance sometime.

• Moderators
Just now, Magiccarpetrides said:

I don't see the point in a HiPower clone...except for a FEG I say get an FN a Browning...or get something newer...a remake of a classic is not a classic....its just copying old technology and design.

That’s like saying one should buy a Colt if they want a 1911. The HiPower is still a useful and viable gun. While I understand the economics behind Browning ceasing production, I’m happy somebody is still keeping the design in production. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I don't see the point in a HiPower clone...except for a FEG I say get an FN or a Browning...or get a newer more refined gun...a remake of a classic is not a classic....its just copying old technology and design.

As far as I know, TISAS is the only current manufacturer.   So if you want something new, its TISAS or hope for some NOS. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

That’s like saying one should buy a Colt if they want a 1911. The HiPower is still a useful and viable gun. While I understand the economics behind Browning ceasing production, I’m happy somebody is still keeping the design in production. 

I love my Hipower but get real...there are a bunch of much better modern designs if its a self defense, carry, or range gun your after and in most cases much less expensive...and god forbid I say it I love my 1911, but that's also not the most ideal fighting gun regardless of what $2000+ piece of equipment nighthawk, Wilson, etc wanna sell you.  but to each their own...TISAS sure as hell ain't gonna be my choice though...maybe im a snob lol.

I’m actually more of fan of the High Power than the CZ. Ergonomically, I think the HP fits the average hand better than the CZ. I have to reposition my hand to utilize the safety and the mag release on the CZ. I never had that problem with the HP that I owed until it was stolen. At the time, it was my favorite pistol. Wish I could afford another one. 

I do agree with Magiccarpetrides that there are better choices now. Several years ago I sold off my SA 1911 and went to a .45 M&P compact, which I hated. I traded it soon afterwards for a XDs .45. I really like it and would chose it over a 1911 any day. And I would pick my FNH FNS9 or Glock 17 over the Hi Power.  But I would still like to have that Hi Power back.  And to be honest, I wouldn’t made another 1911. I doubt I’d ever carry either again though.

• Like 1