AmmoMan

My wife has a Glock 19 that she occasionally shoots.  Her only issue is the grip is a little too wide for how small her hands are.  Yesterday I let her hold and fire my Glock 43.  While she loved the narrower grip of the single stack vs double stack 9mm, the short barrel and lighter slide creates a snappier kick.  (which she did not like)  Not to mention if she ever needed to use it in a self defense situation, the shorter sight radius and 6-round magazine could be a disadvantage.

I think the new G48 might be the best of both worlds for her - longer sight radius and barrel, heavier slide, and a 10 round magazine.  It just might be the perfect combination of the G19 and G43.  However, she doesn't want me buying one for her until she can shoot a few rounds through it along side her G19 to make sure it is exactly what she wants.

Does anyone around the Crossville area have a G48 that she test fire?  We do go to Nashville and/or Knoxville every now and then too, so that could be a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Alternatively, she can shoot a 43x if you have an easier time finding one of those. The frame of the 43x is the same as the 48. Only difference between the two is slide length. The 48 will have a little longer slide and I’d imagine slightly less snapieness. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, Slappy said:

Alternatively, she can shoot a 43x if you have an easier time finding one of those. The frame of the 43x is the same as the 48. Only difference between the two is slide length. The 48 will have a little longer slide and I’d imagine slightly less snapieness. 

I've had the opportunity to check the 43x and I am impressed with it. Enough so that I'm considering a purchase...and this from a hardcore Shield fan.

• Like 1

The 43X is the sweet spot to me with that size gun. I'm not looking for the longer sight radius the the 48 in a gun like that. I really wanted to dislike those two guns but after we got them in and I held them I really liked them. I will add the X to my collection at some point. I do have a friend who owns the 48, it is a solid shooter.

Edited by felinesNfreedom
10 hours ago, hipower said:

I've had the opportunity to check the 43x and I am impressed with it. Enough so that I'm considering a purchase...and this from a hardcore Shield fan.

As much as I like my Shield, the 43x gets my attention when I see in on the shelf.

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, tnhawk said:

As much as I like my Shield, the 43x gets my attention when I see in on the shelf.

I guess the reality is that I'm just not willing to spend 500 for the 43x. 

With my Shield 9 and 45, I have a lot tied up in them. Very little return on selling them. So little that I'll keep them unless absolutely must sell them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 1:05 PM, MPGlock said:

As soon as they make the 43X in all black (G49 maybe LOL) I'm all over it. Just don't like the two tone for some reason. Til then I'll just keep my 43

You know you can put your 43 slide on the 43x frame. TaaDaa! All black 43x!

On 3/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, MPGlock said:

As soon as they make the 43X in all black (G49 maybe LOL) I'm all over it. Just don't like the two tone for some reason. Til then I'll just keep my 43

That's what I'm waiting for also. I'm surprised they don't have that as an option already.

9 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

That's what I'm waiting for also. I'm surprised they don't have that as an option already.

They will soon enough, Glock is great at releasing things people don’t want first, getting them to buy it, then releasing what they do want so they can buy it all over again LOL (ala Glock 42 then the 43, 19X then the 45). I’m sure we’ll get an all black 43X in the near future (probably g49 or g50!)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Old thread but I have been interested in a smaller carry pistol. Well today, after much deliberation I picked up a Glock 48X.

I shot one before getting mine and looked at reviews and talked to folks who had one. The reviews and folks who have one would fight you over their Glock 43X or 48X.

It is, for me, the most accurate Glock I have ever owned or shot and seems like it will carry very well.

I am retired so I got the Blue Label price and traded in a S&W-M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm, which I liked but always seemed a little off to me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Update to my Glock 48. Mine is the duo tone model.

Did a polish on internals and smoothed the trigger surface down so it is not so rough feeling.

Put in a reduced firing pin spring (4.5 pounds) and a reduced firing pin safety spring.

Ended up with a very decent 4.5-5.0 trigger pull that is smooth and breaks good.

I have been practicing a lot with the Glock and find it shoots better for me than any other Glock.

• Like 1