Men Arrested for Stealing Machine Guns And Silencers From SHOT

DaveTN

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/02/15/men-arrested-stealing-machine-guns-silencers-shot-heres-atf-affidavit/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2019-02-16&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Considering some of the weapons that were stolen are machine guns and suppressors, they will probably never be allowed to legally posses a firearm for the rest of their lives.

My guess is that will be the case after they get out of Federal prison. 

43 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Not just that, but that is a lot of suppressors. I like that the ATF even calls them silencers. Says a lot about them too.

You got to give them a pass on that one, they are silencers.  Maxim named them that, there was/is a push to change it because they don't really silence the report, just suppress it.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Eray said:

No seemed to be too concerned. They were released on their own recognizance. If I had done it, My bail would be one million dollars.

I was thinking the same thing. That does seem strange that they would comit that type of crime and they release them with no bond. Like you said if I had done that I would end up waiting for trial in jail because my bond would be so high no bonding company would touch it..........JMHO

33 minutes ago, Eray said:

No seemed to be too concerned. They were released on their own recognizance. If I had done it, My bail would be one million dollars.

My thoughts as well. Not like they stole a $150 shotgun from a pawnshop(not that it should be taken lightly either) but NFA items out the wazoo and they’re like “We’ll call you when we’re ready for ya, don’t go nowhere now, ya hear?!”

After reading the post from the link again I am now wondering just what kind of Kangaroo court system they have in Neveda that they would even think about letting these guys walk out of court at all. And then it said there is a possibility they "MIGHT NOT" be able to posess a firearm again after their trial and if they get convicted and go to prison which I am doubting now that may even happen. Who has the shotgun they bought at the present time? This whole thing is a total joke and they may walk from all of it with a slap on the wrist if they even bother to appear in court at all.............JMHO

They probably let them out on their own recognizance because they aren’t a flight risk, live in the area, have jobs (or did), and this was a nonviolent crime. They may have traded a recognizance bond for a confession; no real reason to hold these guys.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again; anyone that thinks you are innocent until proven guilty probably has never been cuffed and stuffed and had to try to get bond.

I’ll be real surprised if these guys don’t do prison time.

I didn’t see an explanation of how they stole them...or did I just miss it? How’d they get that much stuff out of the building?  Since they worked there maybe they had afterhours access, or took them from crates as they they were being delivered.  I hate stories that are short on factual details.

25 minutes ago, i1afli said:

I didn’t see an explanation of how they stole them...or did I just miss it? How’d they get that much stuff out of the building?  Since they worked there maybe they had afterhours access, or took them from crates as they they were being delivered.  I hate stories that are short on factual details.

Yeah, you missed it.  It states in the OP they were forklift operators.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, Garufa said:

Yeah, you missed it.  It states in the OP they were forklift operators.

So they drove through the show on their forklifts and hoisted the displays out of the building right in front of everybody?

Obviously I’m joking...the fact that they were forklift operators doesn’t at all explain the logistics of how they managed to remove the items from the show undetected.

The point I’m trying to make is that I wish the newspaper article explained how they actually stole them.

Edited by i1afli
3 minutes ago, i1afli said:

So they drove through the show on their forklifts and hoisted the displays out of the building right in front of everybody?

Obviously I’m joking...the fact that they were forklift operators doesn’t at all explain the logistics of how they managed to remove the items from the show undetected.

The point I’m trying to make is that I wish the newspaper article explained how they actually stole them.

I am guessing it was left out to avoid embarrassing the vendors or SHOT about their lack of secure processes. 

1 hour ago, peejman said:

What security checkpoint is going to stop a forklift operator?  They just act like they know what they're doing and everyone assumes they're just working. Easy peasy. 

They may have actually been working the show, and just rerouted some of the merch to their vehicles instead of the vendors'.

1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

They may have actually been working the show, and just rerouted some of the merch to their vehicles instead of the vendors'.

Especially if they pulled items out of the shipping/transportation containers on the way back out.no one knows until it gets back "home"

45 minutes ago, peejman said:

I figured that's exactly what they were doing.  

Ah. I thought you were thinking along the lines of people tend to accept it when you act like you're supposed to be doing exactly what you're doing, which is also very true.

• Like 1