Becoming TN HCP Instructor

GhstFace38

1 hour ago, GhstFace38 said:

I’m embarrassed as to how fast you were able to post that, but thank you. 

It it seems rather simple to get your certification... I’m kind of surprised. 

If the idiot who taught the class I attended was certified, there can't be much to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

If the idiot who taught the class I attended was certified, there can't be much to it.

Lady at Fugates in Athens taught our class. She was actually very good and made it fun. My wife had a blast and I wasn't bored to tears. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Just like my Hunters Safety instructor way back when admitted to two accidential discharges in his own house. One took out his wedding china and one took out his TV. Made me feel real safe. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
40 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Just like my Hunters Safety instructor way back when admitted to two accidential discharges in his own house. One took out his wedding china and one took out his TV. Made me feel real safe. 

I can imagine.

I will say though, a shop teacher with something less than ten fingers can give a pretty thorough lesson about safety...

• Haha 1

If you want to get certified, Citizens Safety Academy in Murfreesboro is a good place.  Aqil Qadir and Tiffany Johnson are members here at TGO.  Tiffany can probably give you some recommendations for training in the Memphis area if Murfreesboro is farther than you want to travel.

I received my instructor training from Aqil and Tiffany and I can attest that their classes are of of high quality.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

While sitting in the classroom portion, I got several good looks down the barrel of the instructor's loaded, cocked, and locked 1911. Why the S.O.B. found it prudent to unholster and wave his gun around while talking eluded me. Probably the same reason he was married to the woman helping him who was more than old enough to be his mother. Quite an operator indeed.

• Confused 1
13 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

While sitting in the classroom portion, I got several good looks down the barrel of the instructor's loaded, cocked, and locked 1911. Why the S.O.B. found it prudent to unholster and wave his gun around while talking eluded me. Probably the same reason he was married to the woman helping him who was more than old enough to be his mother. Quite an operator indeed.

I would have reported him to the state.

2 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I understand. After the fact. I'm not a tightass about most things. But a firearms instructor pointing his gun at students, loaded or unloaded, is an unpardonable sin. That guy needs to lose his license.

You are probably right. That was many years ago. I expect this cat has since endured some disfiguring tragedy. I do not remember who he was, and seriously doubt he's still teaching.

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

You are probably right. That was many years ago. I expect this cat has since endured some disfiguring tragedy. I do not remember who he was, and seriously doubt he's still teaching.

I figure he didn't do it much without getting called down. He may have turned out OK, too.