SIRT Alternative

A few months back, I discovered a course of semi-consistent dry fire work actually improved my live fire skills.

Specifically, drawing, presenting, and first (or multiple) trigger press.

While assisting at a recent class, there was a conversation between the instructor and students regarding practice with SIRT guns; the immediate feedback from the laser does help and makes dry work a little more fun and engaging.

I start googling for a CZ variant; they don't exist and an airsoft replica is more than a real gun.

Laser bullets start populating with reactive targets - it was then when I remembered seeing a video on Truth About Guns or Ammoland or Firearm Blog or ? promoting iTarget.

I won't post links, but easily found on the net, YouTube and App Store.

What you get:

Laser bullets with 2 set of batteries target / mobile phone sled, laser dot reflective target and app = $98.00 free shipping.

How it works:

Download App, insert phone into sled, adjust aspect/zoom ratios, set distance, shoot at target.

Phone camera records hits with gun shot retort.

Does it work:

Yep. Camera a little hard to adjust, I think it's my budget phone.

Worked with the RAMI, 75B and HP carbine.

9 feet to 36 feet

Impressed?

Actually yes, especially after I discovered the sled has a standard tripod mount and repurposed my Grandpa's camera tripod. Sled is plastic, but well made. Bullet is packaged as iTarget, I assume private label version of the one (or two) available on the market. App is easy to use.

Value:

Have used it 2 times

$20 in range time plus 1 hour of gas and time each trip.

Expended 300 rounds so far.

Break even by my math.

For you DA guys, it's close to dry fire Nirvana.

IMG_20190216_161105067.jpg

Edited by A.J. Holst
  • Like 2

Thanks, after reading your review and a couple others online, I bought one. Found a coupon for another $10 off, $88.20 delivered. Already arrived and I have played a bit. Haven't had time to do a lot with it but should help trigger control. May even try some holster draws. I debated on what caliber to get and finally decided on .380 since my Ruger is where I need the most work. I figured there was a good chance it might also work in my 9s  and if it didn't I order another laser if it looked like I would use it. Works fine in my Glock 19 and KelTec Sub 2000. No ejection grove so will not work with my LCR 9mm with moon clips but the 9mm laser wouldn't either since if they put the grove in the semis would eject it.

iTarget-Glock19_2-22-19.jpg

• Like 3