Recommendation on safe movers in Knoxville

• Moderators

Jesus Magallanes has moved mine a couple of times 865-384-3934

Knoxville Safe House moved all mine the last time mainly because I bought a new safe from them and they picked up my others from storage. 

Very pleased with both. They both have lift trailers and watched my floors, walls and trim carefully. I would definitely use one of them. 

31 minutes ago, East_TN_Patriot said:

After getting a couple estimates, either I figure out how to move it myself or it stays put. Cost to move is almost half what I paid for the thing brand new! 😮

Have you tried calling the people you purchased the safe from originally to see what they would charge to come out and move it. They might give you a better price since you bought it from the originally.  Just a thought!!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, East_TN_Patriot said:

After getting a couple estimates, either I figure out how to move it myself or it stays put. Cost to move is almost half what I paid for the thing brand new! 😮

Yeah its not  cheap by any means. If you can roll it to the other room, get a couple of buddies, tilt it and put a 4 caster moving dolly under it. I reread your initial post and didn't catch you were just going to another room. If there are thresholds they layed a piece of aluminum over the thresholds to roll across. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, lock n' load said:

Here's a video by Aaron Parker that may give you some tips for moving you safe.

Does Aaron Parker actually show how to move a safe?  It’s still in the same place.

Edited by Garufa

Not in  this video but I had him bring a safe into my house and he used those wooden pieces to slide the safe into a back bedroom. He and his son would push it so far along and then place more wooden pieces along the path. It was kinda like making a train track to guide the safe to its destination. They got it where I wanted it to go and once it reached its final destination, they placed it on the floor and leveled it to make sure the door wouldn't bind when it was opened. The PVC pipe trick shown earlier should provide the same results also.